We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Within the Product Engineering board area, the mission of the Enterprise Cloud Services (ECS) Delivery organization is to run and operate SAP’s private cloud offering. Isolated private cloud landscapes are built for customers both in SAP owned datacenter as well as on IaaS infrastructure provided by Hyper-Scalers like Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services (AWS). ECS delivered services include backups, patching, provisioning and upgrades, restore and disaster recovery, infrastructure monitoring and event detection. Services are delivered from all regions (EMEA/AMER/APJ) having a strong international focus and cultural diversity.
As part of ECS Delivery, the Application Technical Area is supporting our operational teams to reduce outages and operational effort as well as to increase customer satisfaction. The team is the interface to product support and product engineering for various SAP and non-SAP solutions and driving projects such as improving monitoring and tool integration, Admin Access Management, providing guidance on release strategy, extending knowledge transfer into distributed operations teams as well as running various inhouse tools.
- Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for designing, managing and maintaining SAP systems running as part of SAP’s private cloud offerings provided by Enterprise Cloud Services
- Assisting Define, Design Container based working model for newer Containerized SAP Applications
- Respond, troubleshoot and resolve alerts and incidents
- Being an escalation point for, on Last Line Support for productive issues
- Follow change management processes during service request execution
- Seek opportunities to streamline standard operating procedures through automation
- Must feel comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic and flexible environment
- Takes leading role in key improvement projects and actively handles and drive upgrade projects with latest software solutions
- Consistent in technical delivery with strong communication toward SAP counterparts and customers
- Operates effectively in a global International environment
- Working in office time with on-call shift needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience,
- Solid know-how on SAP Netweaver & Non-Netweaver Technologies (SAP NetWeaver certification highly beneficial)
- Solid experience with at least a few of newer SAP products (Experience in at least one NonNetWeaver technology: BOBJ, Convergent Charging, OpenText, HANA XSA, etc.)
- Solid experience with Container concepts & Technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience on CI/CD, Cloud deployment strategies of Product delivered images with proper validation before release to Customer
- Transforming SOPs to a Container based working model
- Experience in troubleshooting Container based Performance Issues and resource thresholds.
- Good Knowledge around Network concepts in Containers Paradigm
- Capacity to continuously acquire new knowledge in an independent, proactive way.
- Strong capabilities in technical documentation.
- Good analytical and solution-oriented thinking
- Very good communication and networking skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Very good English language skills
- 7+ years experience as Technical SAP NetWeaver (ABAP and Java Basis administration) and/or NonNetweaver engineer on L3 level team,
- Strong analytical skills, working in RCA and problem management area
- DR activity support, managing and troubleshooting internal and external failover tests
- Experience with NZDM and ZDO maintenance options
- Strong working knowledge in Linux and Windows operating system platforms
- Strong working knowledge in technical documentation and knowledge productization
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 380919 | Work Area: Information Technology | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.