We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
About the SAP Internship Experience Program
The SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, strategic, paid internship program that provides university students with opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with SAP Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern - Communications Specialist
Location: Montreal, QC
Expected Start Date: December 2023
Contract Duration: 8 months
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
The Communications Specialist for SAP Labs Montreal helps to drive local on-site engagement and a sense of pride and identity for employees through creative and consistent communication projects:
- Serve as the main internal communications support for SAP Labs Montreal (collaborating with the communications support for SAP Labs Waterloo, and SAP Labs Vancouver)
- Take a journalistic approach to find, pitch, and write great stories from SAP Labs Canada to share across internal and external channels
- Develop and execute a strategy for onsite signage for the Montreal office
- Contribute to the production of our weekly newsletters across SAP Labs Canada
- Create effective and engaging campaigns for our social media channels
- Work with the Managing Director’s office, executive team, and employee engagement groups to deliver communications that focus on regular, consistent, and engaging messaging for employees as well as advocating for the information needs of employees
- Create compelling, and effective graphic design and marketing collateral, including team and event branding. Approach all communications with a visual branding lens where applicable.
- Create and manage engaging virtual events
- Support annual marquee events (e.g., all-hands meetings, employee award ceremonies) including marketing materials, agenda content, coordination, and speaker preparation
- Provide administrative support for Managing Director office as necessary: handling correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, calendar scheduling and coordinating meeting logistics, etc.
- Other communication/administration duties/projects as assigned
What you bring
We’re looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Additionally, you understand that great communication, brand building, and storytelling come from knowing and having empathy for your audience
- A great relationship builder, face-to-face and virtually
- Excellent communication skills including:
- Fluent in both oral and written English is a requirement; fluency in oral and written French is a strong differentiator
- A great eye for graphic design. Not afraid to make PowerPoints look beautiful
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator or similar
- Photoshop and InDesign experience is a strong asset
- Experience with marketing email tools like MailChimp
- Event coordination (online and in-person)
- Understands how to message across different lines of business and cultures; Approaches writing, design, and storytelling with empathy for audience
- Able to turn ideas and concepts into visually relevant and effective material
- Understands and can implement change management/communications initiatives
- Excellent Word and PowerPoint skills. Basic Excel skills
- Videography, editing, and production are definite assets
- Shows initiative to solve challenges and collaborate with others on solutions
- Exercises mature judgement and handles situations with diplomacy and tact
- Welcoming of feedback and suggestions
- Must be able to keep confidences with private and/or confidential information
- Organized, detail-oriented and can manage time effectively with top-notch prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s degree in (or pursuit of) Communications, Marketing or equivalent
- This role is best for someone in their second co-op term, or beyond
- Experience in the tech industry is an asset.
- Willing to commit for an 8-month, full-time internship
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s in Business Communication or Marketing
Meet your team
SAP Labs Canada is made up of over 2500 employees who live to innovate! Coast-to-coast, we have research and development Labs in Montreal, Waterloo and Vancouver. Our best-in-class solutions serve more than 9000 customers, in 25 industries and makes up 85 percent of the global fortune 500.
This role will report into the office of the Managing Director for SAP Labs Canada. The Labs Canada Team’s expertise shines through in their exceptional delivery of strategic operations and communication for their stakeholders, the majority of which are developers across Canada and at times, across the globe. We power engaging events, employee communications, learning opportunities, strategic operations, and much more with the mission to ignite and showcase the amazing employee brand of SAP Labs Canada, share our best practices with our larger SAP network, and foster a culture of innovation across all our locations.
By joining SAP Labs Canada, you’ll be a part of an award-winning work culture as demonstrated in the 16 and counting employer of choice awards won in 2023. Some of these awards won are “Best Places to Work in Canada” by Glassdoor and “Canada’s Greenest Employers”, “Canada's Best Diversity Employers”, “Canada’s Top Employers for Young People” by Top 100.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 381045 | Work Area: Communication | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Student | Employment Type: Intern | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.