We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
SAP Sovereign Cloud Release Management Engineer
You will participate in the overall Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, and executing system and application builds and update releases in the QA Cloud Landscape for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades or migrations. Main responsibilities involve the procurement, installation, configuration, and maintenance of software applications. Your duties include creating processes and protocols for software systems, managing server and application upgrades, and troubleshooting problems.
Assist with aligning IT strategy with business goals, help determine, develop, and improve technical solutions in support of business and quality goals. You will work closely with Release Management Teams to identify defects, track defect remediation, and include software or solution updates required to resolve issues in future release plan.
- Assist in execution of test cases under varying circumstances.
- Participate in assessment sessions to develop potential solutions for business needs or problems.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Assist in preparation and documentation of testing requirements.
- Identify areas where to improve overall system stability.
- Work with security teams to develop and enhance strategies and to improve implementations.
- Build, patch and migrate software and services across the landscape.
- Work with product and delivery teams to develop scalable solutions and products.
- Communicate and consult with internal stakeholders to document and track solutions.
- Ensure system and application performance and scalability
- Track and document all changes made to landscape
- Assist with root cause analysis to detect and remediate system and platform errors
- Reviews test procedures and test scripts to ensure viability
- Partners with engineers to drive QA efforts
- Integrate with SAP Product development to track and advocate software changes required to support customer specific security requirements
- Provide feedback and guidance to Sovereign Cloud Engineering teams to support new features and functions.
Relevant skill set requirements include:
- 6+ years of system maintenance, SAP basis or architecture experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- Implementation or project experience with one or more SAP product deployments.
- 6+ years of experience in information systems operations environment, solution support and management or development
- Understanding, knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of operations system and database technologies (SAP HANA database, or other memory resident databases)
- Experience with Agile Frameworks and Regression Testing
- Demonstrated ability to execute cross-functional tasks to completion.
- Demonstrated effective communication and analytical skills.
- Advanced time management and process adherence skills
- Advanced knowledge of analysis and trace tools across multiple applications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, MIS, or Software Engineering.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Compensation Range Transparency: SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the annualized compensation range inclusive of base salary and variable incentive target for the career level applicable to the posted role. The targeted combined range for this position is 113,900 - 239,300 USD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. Any SAP variable incentive includes a targeted dollar amount and any actual payout amount is dependent on company and personal performance. Please reference this link for a summary of SAP benefits and eligibility requirements: SAP North America Benefits.
Requisition ID: 378053 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid