We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insights more effectively. Originally known for leadership in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management.
As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
What you’ll do
As the industry leader in Intelligent Spend, SAP connects the world and simplifies business everywhere. Establishing the B2B platform of the 21st century, SAP Ariba combined with the travel and expense management platform SAP Concur, we are helping our customers in Greater China to Run Simple and Run Networked.
The Head ofSpend Management in Greater China is a general management position that drives our SAP Ariba, and SAP Concur business across the market unit. This role is highly visible and central to SAP’s strategic direction and is chartered to deliver business growth that outpaces our markets.
The right candidate must have proven sales experience running large cross-functional teams and orchestrating virtual teams of diverse contributors towards a common goal, driving a sustainable multi-million Euro subscription business.
Specific responsibilities among others include:
- Partner with the SAP GC sales leadership team to develop and execute on the consolidated Spend Management Go to Market.
- Demonstrate outstanding sales execution along Ariba and Concur sales cycles, ensuring SAP’s sales methodologies and common processes are followed.
- Build a sustainable Demand Management engine to ensure a healthy pipeline across all parts of the consolidated business and in every market.
- Ensure the largest opportunities are prosecuted and closed by personally engaging to provide leadership from initial engagement through to opportunity closure
- Lead-by-example in front of key/strategic customers, delivering compelling customer engagements, proposals, and commercial options as the “deal sponsor”
- Build strong sales best practices around deal qualification and closure process
- Lead and manage a cross-functional team across sales, value advisory, solution advisory, and other adjacent support functions.
- Build a network of executive relationships across industry, community, and business groups, and with key partners and customers, stay abreast of issues impacting business and sales, providing meaningful strategic advice to retain and grow their business through integrated solutions.
- Inspire and influence internal stakeholders, experts, and other resources not under direct control, help remove obstacles to goal achievement.
What you bring
The successful candidate for the Head of Spend Management – GC position will bring the following experience and attributes:
- Sales Experience – Minimum 10 years of professional sales experience with demonstrated expertise meeting and overachieving sales quota. Minimum 5 years of sales leadership experience leading large solution sales teams to success. Proven track record in closing large complex opportunities with strategic customers.
- Leadership Experience – Integrative leadership style, able to motivate a team for success while building a high level of trust. Significant senior leadership presence, ability to effectively interact with SAP market unit and regional leadership.
- Market Knowledge - Profound understanding of the Greater China markets as well as in driving strategic and consultative sales, with the ability and credibility to engage the client’s “C-Suite”, winning their trust, and business.
- Building Effective Relationships – Builds strong professional credibility by effectively managing and developing relationships. Build and maintain a good relationship with various leadership teams within the market unit as well as with region / global.
- Polished Management Style – Proficient at managing both cross-functional direct reports as well as influencing stakeholders to foster greater impact and scale for your respective areas. Holds team accountable with targeted processes and tracking to foster team execution excellence and clear management visibility.
- Executive Presence – Delivers clear, convincing, and well-organized presentations. Projects credibility and poise even in highly visible and/or adversarial situations.
- People Management – Focus on people development and growth. Authenticity in leadership approach. Strong coaching and mentoring ability. Culturally-savvy. Inspiring team members to act and win.
- Solutions Knowledge – Solutions experience in either Business Network, Ariba, Fieldglass and / or Concur is a requirement. Experience with multiple solutions in the Spend Management portfolio is a plus.
Language requirements: Fluency in Mandarin and English.
Education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent accreditation required; Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 378433 | Work Area: Sales | Expected Travel: 0 - 40% | Career Status: Management | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.