We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
The Industry Advisor is a critical role supporting our North America business to grow sales pipeline and engage with our customers to secure revenue. This role will lead our Fashion practice within our Retail team and work with new and existing customer to help differentiate SAP. Fashion is a critical growth engine for SAP in North America and we support customers ranging from large multinational brands to digital disruptor start-ups. The Industry Executive Advisor provides industry perspective, strategic solution advice, and thought leadership to drive pipeline (now opportunities) growth and quality through demand generation strategies, support sales cycles and customer co-innovation programs, and contribute to building SAP’s leadership position in the industry. The Industry Advisor for Fashion works with customers and prospects to position how SAP unlocks value across our portfolio of solutions including customer experience, merchandising, supply chain, finance, sustainability, collaborative networks, human experience, and technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
Area 1 – Industry GTM Planning & Strategy:
- Develop and execute a quality and actionable Industry plan for the North American market
- Quarterly industry business plan review & Global Industry Business Unit interlock
- Enable Sales, Marketing, Inside Marketing & Sales, and other VAT team members on what it takes to differentiate by industry – both within SAP and externally with industry influencers and partners
- Develop compelling industry specific content for North America in support of the 5 areas
Area 2 – Drive Awareness & Generate Demand for the Industry in North America:
- Development of SAP's brand in the industry through thought leadership, content creation, appearances in industry events, articles and social & traditional media interviews, etc.
- Create and nurture industry customers and communities such as ASUG
- Get doors open. Build new connections and qualified pipeline opportunities
- Execute with Marketing on events, social and digital plans
- Provide Industry advisory for account planning
Area 3 – Mature Industry Opportunities in Pipeline:
- Accelerate pipeline opportunity conversion to qualified customer engagements
- Develop industry specific account strategies
- Deliver industry specific customer experiences
- Conduct executive first meetings to differentiate SAP based on industry relative to the customer’s objectives
Area 4 – Support Deal Execution:
- Differentiate SAP by industry throughout the sales cycle to increase win-rates and grow deal sizes
- Help shape the engagement by advising the sales teams to ensure a right industry message is delivered in deal engagement and execution deliverables like RFP Responses, Business Cases, Product Demos, industry solution architecture, etc.
- Lead customer executive conversations
Area 5 – Support Customer Success Realization:
- Support post sale advisory and Executive Steering Committee meetings for top accounts in plan
- Support Industry Customer Advisory Councils and Networking
- Build and nurture customer references
- 5+ years of relevant Fashion industry experience preferred either as a practitioner or an operational consultant to the industry
- 3+ years of application solution / product experience (preferably SAP)
- Business Development and/or Management Consulting experience
- Knowledgeable on Fashion and Retail Industry
- Market / strategies / business drivers / challenges – per segment
- Business processes – across a broad set of buying centers in the business
- How technology needs to support all above.
- Industry reputation / brand - network of industry relationships. Participation in relevant industry associations is a strong positive
- Proficient speaker in customer 1:1 and 1: Many event situations.
- Experience building and retaining strong customer relationships
- Experience in diverse technology landscape and process/technology integration issues
Qualifications, Education and Preferred Skills
- Must exhibit an executive presence in both face to face and virtual engagements
- Excellent and energetic public speaking skills
- Proven CXO engagement skills
- Growth / business ownership mentality and approach = build and grow a business
- Great storyteller using customer examples to explain 1) why do anything, 2) why now, 3) why SAP
- Product marketing acumen (segment, target, content, lead strategy, digital, social, etc.)
- Solution selling acumen – ability to differentiate in complex sale
- Building storylines and high-quality presentations in PowerPoint with a very keen eye for detail
- Can do attitude
- Passion for how technology can be used to enable industry strategic initiatives.
- SAP technology knowledge is a bonus (consulting / presales / solution management is a plus)
- Business development profile with ~ approximate 30% - 50% travel
- This is an elite team with high visibility and exposure to SAP and Customer leadership
- Flexible work environment
- Culture of trust and teamwork
- Learning never stops
- SAP is an equal opportunity employer
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Compensation Range Transparency: SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the annualized compensation range inclusive of base salary and variable incentive target for the career level applicable to the posted role. The targeted combined range for this position is 175,200 - 378,800 USD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. Any SAP variable incentive includes a targeted dollar amount and any actual payout amount is dependent on company and personal performance. Please reference this link for a summary of SAP benefits and eligibility requirements: SAP North America Benefits.
Requisition ID: 380656 | Work Area: Sales | Expected Travel: 0 - 40% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid