We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior Linux Site Reliability Engineer and Pacemaker expert;
- You will be the Last Line of Defense for troubleshooting complex Pacemaker software and Linux OS/ infrastructure issues across all platforms
- You will be identifying and resolving architectural and design issues in existing Pacemaker setup, developing automation to ensure stability and reliability of the environment to run business-critical systems of our customers
- You will contribute to standardizing and simplifying server operations using software tools and automation (DevOps)
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 7 - 12 years of related professional experience
- Advanced technical background of Linux based server operating systems
- 2-3 years’ experience in Linux HA clusters, preferably Pacemaker, with relevant trainings/ certifications
- Practical experience with OS operation, upgrades, and security patching
- Networking experience with the suite of TCP/IP, IP routing, NAT, firewalls
- Experience with network services like DNS and LDAP and HTTP proxies
- Good understanding of IT security, OS hardening
- Experience in script programming (e.g., Shell, Perl, Python, Go, etc.) and with server automation tools (e.g., Ansible, CHEF)
- Experience with server operations in large environments and/or in public clouds, preferably MS Azure.
- Fluency in English language and the ability to work in global, multi-cultural teams is a key requirement
MEET YOUR TEAM
SAP Enterprise Cloud Services (ECS) Delivery is a private cloud managed services provider who offers SAP applications in the HANA Enterprise Cloud. Our team "ECS Delivery Technical Operations" is responsible for 24x7 operations of these business-critical SAP systems in the cloud.
We are looking for a Senior Linux Site Reliability Engineer, specialized in Linux HA Clusters, preferably Pacemaker, to support our multi-national team in our cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud & SAP data centers) operations & its automation and improvement to provide world-class cloud services for SAP Applications to enterprise customer from all over the globe. You would be primarily responsible for ensuring smooth 24/7 operations of our existing Pacemaker Clusters, troubleshooting issues, architectural/design improvements, new cluster setup & configs and development of related automation.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 365037 | Work Area: Information Technology | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.