We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
*SAP will be prioritizing candidates with full working rights in Singapore*
A market leader in end-to-end business application software, SAP helps more than 425,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift societies, and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
About SAP Labs Singapore
SAP Labs Singapore is the 20th engineering hub in the SAP Labs Network and is the newest innovation hub at SAP that drives product leadership, fosters the best talent, and aims to boost ecosystem and community engagement with a variety of initiatives.
SAP Labs Singapore has the ambition to expand significantly and become the Embedded Artificial Intelligence Hub for SAP, leveraging on core competencies in the current teams.
Your future team
Artificial Intelligence team as part of SAP Labs Singapore has experienced professionals taking on challenges posed by the SAP customers. Based in Singapore, you will have the opportunity to work on breakthrough projects addressing real-world problems, challenging norms with some of the SAP’s key customers. As part of the global product engineering team, you will participate in rich and engaging conversations with experts around the globe.
SAP Labs Singapore provides an open, modern working environment and the opportunity to become part of the global SAP engineering community.
Purpose and objectives
As an Associate AI Data Engineer / AI Data Engineer, you will work together with a team of dedicated experts including AI scientists, AI Developers, dev-ops engineers, and architects with a single goal of building the best-in-class AI products. You will work against fixed timelines and your success will be measured by the ability to deliver solutions matching the performance of top-notch artificial intelligence systems.
Expectations and tasks
Your tasks include:
- Push the frontiers of what is possible in the area of artificial intelligence and machine learning so as to create new solutions
- Explore, understand, and implement most recent technologies and approaches for data pipelines for data pre and post processing
- Comfortably handle multi-terabyte data sets in scale-up and scale-out environments
- Supports machine learning research/project teams with all aspects around data
- Builds scalable and re-usable data processing pipelines
- Works on data generators in order to enrich our datasets
- Sets up and manages annotation projects with our annotation partner companies
- Works with domain experts and AI Scientists to define annotation guidelines and drive the annotation efforts towards high-quality data
- Coordinates & supports data auditing efforts
- Coordinates & supports data acquisition activities
- Integrates, validates, organizes, improves and curates datasets including metadata (e.g. data versioning, cleaning, storing, etc.)
- Work closely with the team, customers and partners to holistically understand business and user requirements and derive adequate application development concepts
- Ability to work in global teams with different time zones
- Immerse yourself quickly into new topics, terminology, and development tasks
Educational and experience requirements
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 0 to 3 years of working experience as software developer or data engineer in AI focused application development
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, objects-oriented programming, design patterns, multi-threaded programming, and software design principles
- Hands-on knowledge in at least one of the server-side programming languages such as Java, Scala, Go, Python, C#, C++
- Basic knowledge on cloud platforms and their configurations (AWS, Azure & GCP)
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Strong desire to overcome obstacles and make your work benefit SAP's customers
- Excellent written and communication skills in English language
- Able to commence January 2024
- Operational knowledge of Linux distributions such as Redhat, Ubuntu, SUSE
- Knowledge of container technologies like docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Machine Learning fundamentals
Job Segment: Developer, Cloud Applications, Cloud Operations, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data science development
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 378362 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Graduate | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.