We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
SAP Concur is looking for a skilled Data Scientist for our growing Data Science Team distributed around the globe, including in Prague. You will be at the heart of SAP Concur’s talented DS team - building software and working with other Data Scientists to develop and deliver high quality services to our customers quickly. Our intelligent services power a growing set of SAP Concur services – utilizing SAP Concur’s unique data for training ML models. You will be able to influence the experience of 25 million customers by highly scalable and reliable Machine Learning service that our customers love to use.
The successful candidate will bring a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges, will partner with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and infrastructure, including reliable automation scripts that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly.
As a member of the Data Science Team, you will have the opportunity to innovate and create clever solutions to hard problems. Leverage the output of a large set of in-house annotators, and design exciting experiments to improve on existing services, build brand new ones, deploy solutions and measure the effectiveness in a production environment.
In this role, you will need to
- Develop Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions to solve image, text, and data classification and interpretation problems in the SAP Concur domain.
- Design and run scientific experiments to measure the model run time performance (latency) as well as accuracy, precision and recall. Compare to prior models, and judge whether the any improvements are worth the investment.
- Analyze and decompose complex systems and services and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability
- Work with the engineering team to ensure we have proper automation in place for unit tests and deployment automation.
- Naturally work across different groups (Developers, Product Managers, DevOps) to bring teams together and deliver on quality.
- Be an active advocate for Quality and the Customer
- Stay up to date on the latest developments in tools and techniques in the fast-moving ML space.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years in a Data Science role or capacity
- Excellent problem-solving skills - using available to your advantage.
- 3+ years coding in Python or similar languages
- Experience with API test automations.
- 2+ years working in CI/CD environment
- Great communication skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- An advanced degree in math, science or related field.
- Prior experience with ML deployment environments.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- AWS tools for machine learning
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 377031 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.