We Help the World Run Better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
SAP is the global market leader for business software and thus contributes a considerable part of the world's economic power grid. The mission of SAP Enterprise Cloud Services (ECS) organization is to maximize customer success by taking over responsibility for smooth end to end operations and lowering customers total cost of operation.
As a Cloud Delivery Specialist, we are looking for an accomplished SAP Technical Consultant in delivering high-quality results. As a key member of ECS, you will be contributing to SAP's Global strategy helping customers with adoption of SAP S/4HANA on their path to the Intelligent Enterprise.
Expectations and Tasks
The Cloud Delivery Specialist acts as a trusted technical advisor in the safeguarding and optimization of customer investments into SAP ECS. You will work as a team with Technical Service Managers (TSMs), Customer Delivery Managers (CDMs), and ECS internal service delivery to provide quality services to customers throughout the entire lifecycle. This is a customer-facing role focused on Large and Strategic Customers.
Key tasks you will perform:
- Ownership and detailed understanding of the customer landscape managed within ECS and understand interdependencies between systems (both within ECS and beyond)
- Support the TSM, CDM, and TechOps teams for execution of service delivery plan and calendar.
- Analyze customer technical requirements and organize/coordinate experts from ECS Delivery team, driving topics to resolution.
- Present the intricacies of the private cloud offering, technical details, and engagement model to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the customer or SAP services teams to build customer-specific cloud roadmaps that cover topics around Infrastructure Architecture, Technical Managed services, security, and integration.
- Guide customers on all technical aspects like Business Continuity, Security and Compliance, Networks, etc.
- Assess customer security and network requirements to make sure the SAP security architecture framework can meet customer requirements.
- Conduct monthly technical and operational reviews to measure the progress against defined Cloud architecture and roadmap; establish and drive resolution plans to resolve issues and problems to completion.
- Support the migration roadmap together with partners, System Integrators, and/or SAP Professional Services.
- Comprehensive knowledge on S/4HANA architecture, conversion, migration path, methodology and tools.
- Understanding of various SAP cloud solutions and integration scenarios of SAP systems with SCP, Ariba, SuccessFactors etc.
Education and Qualifications/ Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management.
- High proficiency in customer communications and presentations is required.
- High proficiency in the SAP product portfolio, offerings, and industry solutions.
- Good understanding of SAP solutions (releases, platform interdependencies, etc.)
- Good understanding of operational aspects (Application or Technical) of SAP solutions in a cloud environment.
- Good understanding of capabilities of at least one Hyperscale Clouds (AWS; MS Azure or GCP)
- Willingness to undertake customer-related travel on short notice.
- Understands the importance of different filesystem structures such as block devices, NFS filesystems, etc. and how it impacts HANA performance.
- SAP Upgrade & Migrations
- Strong understanding of SAP HANA System Replication including Tenant Copy
- Strong understanding of SAP HANA Backup/Recovery
- Strong understanding of SAP ASE System Replication and Backup/Recovery
- Expertise in utilizing migration tools such as SUM/DMO and SWPM
- SAP Migration Certification
- Expertise in SSL/TLS and certificate management for HTTPS
- Expertise in implementation, performance tuning and capacity management for SAP on HANA and S/4HANA platform
- 5+ years of customer-facing SAP Technical Consulting experience
- 5+ years of solution design, enterprise architecture, and or SAP implementation
- 5+ years of SAP BASIS administration experience
- SAP NetWeaver, OS/DB migration, SAP HANA, TOGAF certifications are plus.
- Experience and certifications with IaaS Providers (AWS, MS Azure, or GCP) are a big advantage.
- Experience with Brownfield/Bluefield migrations on-premise and on-premise to cloud
- Experience in working directly with customers migrating SAP systems.
- Worked on hyperscaler technologies: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with S/4HANA upgrades from Basis Technology standpoint.
- Experience with SAP migrations of SAP ECC, S/4HANA, and JAVA systems
- Experience with SAP HANA 2.0 trouble shooting.
We Build Breakthroughs Together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We Win with Inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Compensation Range Transparency: SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the annualized compensation range inclusive of base salary and variable incentive target for the career level applicable to the posted role. The targeted combined range for this position is $102,800-$214,400 USD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. Any SAP variable incentive includes a targeted dollar amount and any actual payout amount is dependent on company and personal performance. Please reference this link for a summary of SAP benefits and eligibility requirements: SAP North America Benefits.
Requisition ID: 374327 | Work Area: Information Technology | Expected Travel: 0 - 20% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - USA #LI-Hybrid