We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
We are seeking a Legal Counsel to join the Commercial Legal team who enjoys working independently but collaboratively in a team environment within a fast-paced legal department and dynamic company. We would like you to have at least 3-5 years of large law firm or in-house experience, with a wide scope of responsibilities. Responsibilities include:
- Creation and negotiation of supplier contracts.
- Supporting the marketing and communications teams with events and review of press releases, marketing materials and other matters.
- Guiding the business on all relevant legal matters.
You will act as a prime contact for the relevant business teams and provide legal advice and counseling on a wide variety of matters, including intellectual property, licensing, contracting, antitrust, data protection & privacy, telecommunication and government regulatory matters. You will need to demonstrate the ability to draft and negotiate complex agreements, and work with business, procurement, operations and finance teams as their steward and trusted advisor. The ability to virtually work in a global organization is critical.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
- Provide legal support for marketing and procurement functions on a wide variety of matters, including events, sponsorships and vendor agreement creation and negotiation, together with a team of legal experts.
- Continuous improvement of contract templates and contracting processes.
- Provide legal guidance on all other aspects of IT law.
- Driving legal issues across a cross-functional and cross-departmental environment and following projects throughout their lifecycle.
- The successful candidate will work closely with other practice areas.
- Drive standardization, simplification and scale for all legal matters owned by that role.
- Drive knowledge sharing across the team and across SAP’s Legal organization.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Must have a university degree in law and be admitted to a bar.
- Experience and expertise in negotiating key terms for supplier or marketing agreements, such as data protection, warranty, limitation of liability, indemnification, confidentiality and IP terms.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and highly team-oriented.
- Being well organized, with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters. Business judgement and strategic thinking being a plus.
- Superior English language written and oral communication skills required.
- Should be a good business advisor concerned with deal particulars as well as general company processes.
- Provide senior legal services.
- 3-5 years of appropriate legal experience
- Experience in IT Law and the Cloud (software-as-a-service) sector is strongly preferred.
Buena Aires, Argentina
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 380653 | Work Area: Legal | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.