We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly growing technology team. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a similar role and be proficient in managing cloud infrastructure and services, particularly in environments that use Git, Terraform, and Kubernetes. Knowledge in deploying SAP Ariba and familiarity with Kafka, Hadoop, and Cassandra are considered significant pluses. The candidate should be passionate about automation, system efficiency, and security. The individual in this role will lead our efforts to design, automate, and optimize scalable systems, and will help solve complex system issues.
1. Lead the development, maintenance, and improvement of our continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline using cloud services and automation tools.
2. Use Terraform for advanced cloud resource provisioning and management.
3. Implement automated infrastructure capabilities like backups, security tools, monitoring.
4. Design and implement scalable cloud-based services to support our development teams.
5. Collaborate with developers to optimize the application development workflow.
6. Troubleshoot complex system issues and provide technical support to the team.
7. Implement and advocate for industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management.
8. Deploy and manage containerized applications using Kubernetes.
9. If necessary, deploy and maintain SAP Ariba in cloud environments.
10. Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
2. 5-10 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
3. Proficiency with Git, Terraform, Kubernetes, and other infrastructure automation toolsets.
4. Expertise with cloud services (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and deep understanding of their offerings.
5. Significant experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
6. Proven ability to lead software-automation production systems.
7. Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
8. Deep understanding of scalable computing systems.
9. Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
**Nice to Have:**
1. Experience with deploying and maintaining SAP Ariba.
2. Knowledge of distributed data processing systems such as Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra.
3. Certification in AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
4. Expertise in scripting languages such as Python, Bash.
At our company, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Compensation Range Transparency: SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the annualized compensation range inclusive of base salary and variable incentive target for the career level applicable to the posted role. The targeted combined range for this position is $113,900 - $239,300 USD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. Any SAP variable incentive includes a targeted dollar amount and any actual payout amount is dependent on company and personal performance. Please reference this link for a summary of SAP benefits and eligibility requirements: SAP North America Benefits.
Requisition ID: 374583 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - USA #LI-Hybrid