Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
GitHub, Java, RESTful APIs, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
5 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Senior Java Developer, you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on you joining our team to support the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in helping to ensure Medicare claims are paid correctly. This is done by developing and maintaining the systems used to identify other insurance coverage that should pay primary to Medicare.
HOW A SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Design, document, development, and implement/enhance highly scalable and secure Java Web Applications.
- Work with Team Analysts and Developers to enhance the COB&R application to be compliant with the CMS tool and architecture guidelines.
- Lead the development and coordination of large projects by providing technical oversight and direction for the development team.
- Take accountability for the design and development of complex systems to ensure they meet the business requirements.
- Architect, design, code, and implement simple and clean designs that provide for ease of maintenance.
- Participate in Quality Assurance initiatives to ensure high product quality throughout the development process and life cycle.
- Mentor and support less senior developers to ensure they meet their deliverables and develop professionally.
- Take personal accountability for individual contribution towards project success.
- Participate in special projects as required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 5+ years of object oriented software development experience
- Knowledge of Java object design and patterns and ability to translate them into efficient code
- 5+ years developing web and J2EE applications - Java, JSP/Servlets, EJB, JMS, Model-View-Controller APIs (Struts, JSF), Web Services, HTML, XML, and DHTML
- 5+ years SQL experience
- 2+ years micro-services development
- Experience with Containerization
- Strong database knowledge (DB2 and PostgreSQL) preferred
- Angular and NodeJS experience a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Keeps abreast of latest development tools and techniques
Security Clearance Level:
- Ability to obtain an HHS Public Trust Clearance: candidate shall have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years and will be required to go through a public trust background investigation.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA TX Home Office (TXHOME)
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.