Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Agile Methodology, Design, Software Design, Software Development
CompTIA - Security+ - CompTIA
5 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as a Software Engineer Senior at GDIT. Here, you’ll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in application development, you’ll make the end user’s experience your priority and we’ll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Software Engineer Senior you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.
HOW A SOFTWARE ENGINEER SENIOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Develop and modify applications, software, services, utilities, interfaces, and systems that support GFM systems and customers.
- Document and resolve problem reports and collaborate with functional leads and customers to update and verify fixes in support of GFM projects and applications.
- Work with functional leads and customers to elicit and understand user needs, analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls.
- Utilize configuration management to baseline code updates, and develop software using Agile software development processes
- Develop integration code to connect and interface GFM applications.
- Develop solutions that utilize open standards and ICDs to promote interoperability through service-based architectures.
- Support the development and configuration of database systems.
- Work with systems engineering and test teams to understand and develop solutions that address program requirements.
- Assist in software design and architecture decisions.
- Document design artifacts in architecture software, including class and sequence diagrams.
- Participate in agile scrum teams through the agile process.
- Work with systems engineering and management to establish user stories and closure criteria.
- Participate in the software feature and story estimations using standard software estimation tools and practices.
- Becoming an expert and major contributor for designs and implementation efforts of the GFM system in a cloud-based environment.
- Working closely with functional leads and customers to understand requirements and convert them into actionable solutions.
- Identifying opportunities and acting on improving existing tools, frameworks and DevSecOps workflows
- Documenting and sharing your experience with team members, mentoring others
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science (preferred related IT experience or additional experience in lieu of degree)
- Required Experience: 5+ years of related experience
- Security Clearance Level: Active Secret
- DoD 8570 compliance at IAT Level II
- 3+ years experience in developing Java applications
- 2+ years of experience with researching, designing, developing, or modifying web systems or applications
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced development environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be effective at communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Moderate knowledge of the JIRA tracking tool
- Location: Remote
- US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
The likely salary range for this position is $72,000 - $108,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Any Location / Remote
Additional Work Locations:
Total Rewards at GDIT:
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match. To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. GDIT typically provides new employees with 15 days of paid leave per calendar year to be used for vacations, personal business, and illness and an additional 10 paid holidays per year. Paid leave and paid holidays are prorated based on the employee’s date of hire. The GDIT Paid Family Leave program provides a total of up to 160 hours of paid leave in a rolling 12 month period for eligible employees. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available. We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.