At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
U.S. Bank is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) development experience, to join one of our content management technology teams. This team is responsible for supporting several websites within the enterprise. The AEM Software Engineer will also have java/backend development experience, to be able to help the team with backend solutions. Additionally, this resource will also be able to take the lead on large scale projects.
The Senior Software Engineer will lead in AEM Project implementation, understand business problems and architect implementations that meet those needs. You will work closely with AEM engineers, other engineering teams, product owners and business lines. The candidate must have solid experience in AEM, web development, Java and a demonstrable interest in host of secondary solutions AEM supports and a broad knowledge of platforms and applications. Open for remote work.
- Lead the developers in creating robust scalable solutions, following best practices and taking advantage of AEM features.
- Work with the business lines in understanding their needs, creating solution designs that meet those needs.
- Embrace emerging technology opportunities, create POCs demonstrating new and improved designs.
- Act as a proponent of best practices in design and implementation as well as proper use of CMS
- Exhibits relentless focus in software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards.
- Be the point person for design and strategies based on business requirements, long-term strategy, and creative design.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5-6 years of relevant experience
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Development and solution design. Solid experience with AEM building blocks including templates, components, dialogs and such. Experience in AEM cloud a plus.
- Web development technologies like CSS-3, JS, jQuery. Familiarity with React a plus.
- Strong Java/J2EE background
- Web design, performance and security considerations.
- Know-how of accessibility (A11y) a plus.
- Experience in automated testing a plus.
- Creating business process model and solution architecture designs.
- Working with multiple teams and leading implementation
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants .
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.