Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems has an opportunity in Syracuse, NY for an mid-career Software Engineer supporting our Torpedoes business area. As an mid-career hire on our Software Engineering team, you can help us take on the world’s most important and complex challenges by providing solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity under general supervision. In this important role, you will collaborate with a diverse team of technical professionals and interact with outside customers. The successful candidate will be flexible, motivated, dedicated, detail-focused, team-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking.
• Designs, modifies, develops, writes, and implements and integrates software programming applications for target system.
• Writes source code for new applications, and/or generates and enhances code for existing applications.
• Performs code reviews, optimizes algorithms, and models and conducts experiments to ensure the functionality and performance of products or solutions.
• Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities.
• Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software.
• Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Ability to perform C programming
• Writing software for embedded systems
• Ability to work with system engineering and test organizations to implement software changes
• Qualified candidate must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance. This requires US Citizenship.Desired Skills:
• Software Engineering – Understands the process and has worked producing related artifacts (design documents, test plans, procedures, version description docs, etc.) and doing SW integration
• Real Time Embedded Systems programming experience – VxWorks or related RTOS – MK48 uses VxWorks
• IDE experience with Tornado, TI Code Composer or related
• Significant experience with C / C++ at a minimum. Ada language experience preferred also
• Embedded Systems experience (C3x/C4x DSP, PowerPC Architecture, VME, Serial & Parallel buses, hardware interface & controller devices for analog and discrete I/O, UARTs, Ethernet with TCP/IP & UDP protocols, etc.) – MK48 software in some cases written to bare metal with no OS so candidate needs to understand registers, flash, timers, interrupts, etc. and how to initialize and interact with devices)
• Understanding of lab equipment. Scopes, Network/Bus/protocol analyzers, power supplies, DMMs, etc.Security Clearance Statement:
This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level:
SecretOther Important Information You Should KnowExpression of Interest:
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely:
Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules:
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position:
4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs
, and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.Experience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: