Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
The Cyber Software Engineer candidate is responsible for ensuring that an Integrated Product Team (IPT) is following secure software development practices to produce a cyber-resilient security solution for the target platform (Air System or Weapon System). This includes participating in working groups, design reviews, and formal artifact reviews alongside other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the overall platform; and providing security expertise to ensure that cyber security is considered early in the product development lifecycle.
Applicant is expected to define and apply secure coding guidelines and standards within a specific classified program, to include testing for security weaknesses and vulnerabilities in source code or Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) guidance for secure coding practices to all software developers, and supporting cyber security engineers in development and maintenance of overall system security accreditation packages.
The ideal candidate will communicate effectively with a range of audiences, technical and non-technical, and will function effectively on an engineering team to create a collaborative and inclusive environment that allows for the establishment of mission goals, itemized planning of tasks, and prioritization of tasks that drives the efficient execution of objectives.
Must be a US citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret clearance updated within the last 6 years to be considered.
A level 3 employee typically has 5-9 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth.
- Experience with secure software development (C, C++, Java, and/or Python); to include code development, code review, static/dynamic code analysis, and continuous monitoring of software security vulnerabilities
- Active Secret Clearance or higher
- Experience with software tool development (XML, Python)
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Security, or Information Technology – or equivalent applied experience
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) or equivalent secure software development certification
- DoD Directive 8570.1 IAT Level II or higher certification (Security + certification or higher)
- Experience implementing the Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) to cyber-harden information systems commensurate with customer needs
- Experience analyzing, decomposing, and allocating security controls into executable security requirements at the system, sub-system and component level
- Experience with system architecture, system design modeling (UML, SysML, Rhapsody, MagicDraw), as well as requirements management
- Experience with engineering change processes and/or configuration control processes
- Experience with documentation and technical writing to maintain system configurations and security accreditation artifacts
- Experience with Real-Time Embedded Operating Systems (GreenHills INEGRITY, LynxOS, VxWorks)
- Experience utilizing the Open Mission Systems (OMS) standard and Universal Command and Control Standards Initiative (UCI) message set
- Experience with Agile project management tools (JIRA, VersionOne, etc.)
- Must be willing to mentor software developers in secure coding practices
- Experience conducting technical trade studies and assessments
- Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent communication skills (written and verbal communications) and have the ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Experience working in an aerospace design environment with exposure to DoD customers
- Ability to travel as required
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Cyber Security Engineering