Software Engineer - Java (Product)
Department: Backend Development
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Are you a talented and ambitious Software Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to build solutions that engage millions of sports fans worldwide? Join Pulselive's inclusive product-led division and contribute to the future of sports fan engagement by creating unforgettable experiences for millions of fans worldwide.
At Pulselive, we are seeking a Software Engineer with expert knowledge of Java 11+ to join our team. You will work with a wide range of data sources and providers from video, commentary to live sports data, and have the chance to progress your own skills and expertise along the way, sharing and learning new technologies and techniques across the team.
- Produce back-end code to a high standard that not only functions correctly but can be understood and extended by other members of the team.
- Show good attention to detail in the final product, taking care and pride in what is produced.
- Communicate clearly both technically and creatively, to ensure the best possible solutions are built.
- Track and communicate progress within a project across the project team, especially the Project/Product Manager.
- Manage code releases to internal environments (Dev, Test).
- Develop own skills to get as many aspects of Java Development to an expert level, as possible.
- Share ideas and techniques across the development team, contributing to and learning from the team as a whole.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Expert knowledge of Java 11+ (essential)
- Competent with Spring Boot & Spring 5, JPA/Hibernate, RESTful APIs, SQL, Git usage and code management, JIRA usage for task/ticket management, documenting solutions and code, and unit testing.
At Pulselive, we pride ourselves on providing a collaborative environment that ensures we produce leading products across web and native applications. Join our team and become a part of a passionate and dynamic group of individuals working towards a common goal.
At Pulselive we truly value our team and have developed our approach to ensure you are not only rewarded for your contribution but have access to unique benefits along with a positive approach to wellness. We want to ensure that your career, health and well-being are of the utmost importance at all times.
Benefits & Wellness
- Flexible & Remote Working
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Charity volunteer days
- Service reward scheme
- Sports Ticket Lottery
- Vue Cinema Discount Tickets
- Buy and Sell Annual Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Sporting Events and Tickets
- Health & Wellness Activities
- Complimentary Headspace Access
- Annual Wellness Contribution
- Mobile Phone Contribution
- Sony Discounts