Principal Software Engineer (Product)
Department: Backend Development
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Are you an experienced Principal Software Engineer with enthusiasm for sports technology and a solid background in back-end technology? Join Pulselive's inclusive product-led division and contribute to the future of sports fan engagement by creating unforgettable experiences for millions of fans worldwide.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will work at the organisational level, shaping software solutions that engage millions of sports fans worldwide, utilising an array of data sources and providers of video, commentary, and live sports data. You will foster technical innovation and standardisation, crafting effective strategies across software engineering.
- Establishing technology strategy and endorsing standard solutions
- Encouraging innovation and technology that is “fit for the future”
- Cooperating with multiple disciplines to solve unique and complex challenges
- Assessing new technologies and guiding adoption across the organisation
- Supporting the organisation with buy vs build decisions
- Examining unfamiliar problem areas and breaking them down into technologies for collaborative input from colleagues
- Recognising opportunities to align with the other Sony Sports businesses from a technical standpoint
We're investing heavily in our B2B and B2B2C products, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to influence the future of sports technology. The initial 3-6 months of this role will involve close collaboration with a growing team as we navigate new product discovery, to launch several new features to the market this financial year.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
Expert knowledge of
- Microservice Design, Architectural Design, Requirements gathering and definition, RESTful APIs, Cloud Computing, SaaS
- Engineering Principles and Practices, Java, Event Streaming/Messaging
- Relational, NoSQL and document DBs, Kafka, Containers, Kubernetes, AWS
- Swift, Kotlin, Jetpack
If you're a skilled Principal Software Engineer with a passion for innovation and tackling complex challenges, we want to hear from you. Join our inclusive team at Pulselive and help us shape the future of sports technology.
At Pulselive we truly value our team and have developed our approach to ensure you are not only rewarded for your contribution but have access to unique benefits along with a positive approach to wellness. We want to ensure that your career, health and well-being are of the utmost importance at all times.
Benefits & Wellness
- Flexible & Remote Working
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Charity volunteer days
- Service reward scheme
- Sports Ticket Lottery
- Vue Cinema Discount Tickets
- Buy and Sell Annual Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Sporting Events and Tickets
- Health & Wellness Activities
- Complimentary Headspace Access
- Annual Wellness Contribution
- Mobile Phone Contribution
- Sony Discounts