About this opportunity
Ericsson Antenna System (EAS) is offering a complete range of innovative high-quality Antenna and Antenna Line Devices and is an integral part of Ericsson Radio Systems. Providing a strong global ecosystem we are the partner of choice for our external and internal customers, always striving to be the Antenna Powerhouse of the industry!
We are now looking for a committed and motivated Electronic Design Engineer in Rosenheim, Germany, to develop electronic devices and subassemblies for our cutting-edge 5G Mobile Communication Antennas. In this role you will be a vital part of a great team of HW & SW-Developers while working closely with Layout and other R&D departments. Your responsibilities span across the whole process from first concept via verification, test and release until industrialization support.
Our focus is on lean and agile ways of working. We organize in multi-functional development teams where diversity, knowledge sharing and collaboration create true innovation.
What you will do
- Develop and design electronic circuits and modules – analog / digital (mixed-signal including power supply, microcontroller, motor driver or surge protection circuits) in close cooperation with layout designers
- Develop electronic- and embedded-system-concepts in close cooperation with other R&D departments like software, mechanics, antenna and RF
- Set-up and bring-up of prototypes
- Define, organize and execute electronic tests (functionality, electronic specification, temperature, electromagnetic compatibility)
- Monitor projects with regards to electronic development according to the product development processes
- Introduce and improve development processes
- Manage and supervise suppliers (electronics manufacturing services)
You will bring
- A Bachelor or Master´s Degree in electrical engineering or an equivalent qualification in combination with relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in design, simulation and verification of electronic circuits
- Knowledge in durability and MTBF calculations
- Experience with DC/DC converters, motor drivers and microcontrollers (e.g. STM) is desired
- Experience with Cadence allegro is advantageous
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for teamwork and collaboration in an international environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, creativity and cost-consciousness
- High self-motivation and structured way of working
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Good German skills
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.