About this opportunity
We are recruiting a Field Operative to based in the around Hammersmith, Hayes, Hounslow areas.
Do you possess a strong aim to further develop your skills and can-do attitude? Is a highly dynamic and exciting environment, a place where you feel your best? Are you physically fit to work at heights? Do you want to work for a well-know, international company? Ericsson is this place, and we have an exciting opportunity for you in a dynamic, highly reciprocal environment. We welcome diverse applications including ex-military personnel looking for a new career path!
What you will do
As a Field Operative you will attend on-site to identify and actively work to resolve network, system and related telecom and IT faults! You will quickly and efficiently close the majority of faults, reactive and proactive, that are dispatched to the Field force. You will work and train towards providing exceptional customer service, in a timely, cost effective and quality manner adopting safe working practices at all times.
You will bring
- Full driving license – Essential
- Demonstrable basic experience within a field operations environment of a mobile or telecommunications network provider – Desirable
- Knowledge of health and safety practices within an operational environment – Desirable
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Follow Health and Safety requirements at all times
- Support the Field Engineers within the team on two-man jobs, confined space entry/installation & Commissioning and where other business requirements dictate
- Responsible for undertaking basic mechanical/electronic repairs e.g. kit replacement and basis fault and fix etc.
- Work with mentor and team to reach a pre-determined skill level in preparation for resolving the majority of tickets dispatched
- To participate in the team on call out rota. Working independently, as part of Field Operations and wider Ericsson teams to achieve right first-time resolution of work within customer SLA’s without compromising safe working practices
- Carryout project based on site corrective and planned maintenance activities across multi-customer, multi technology networks achieving agreed performance targets
- Work shift patterns, nights and on-call as part of a 7-day week as confirmed by the business on a rota system
- Show flexibility in your working hours, help the business deal with high demand periods
- Maintain your physical fitness such that you meet current medical requirements, and maintain levels of fitness to ensure site access & Working at Height/climbing activities
- Keep diligent records and accurately update both internal Field Operations and Customer systems where necessary
- Accurate and Timely completion of Timesheets, Expenses and Spares Returns
- Ensure that all equipment, vehicle and tools are maintained to a high standard. All servicing and calibration dates are run on time
- Support and cooperate with all internal and external customers and the general public in an exemplary manner, and communicate any problems to line manager and the appropriate authority e.g. operational, safety, security
- To be accountable for the maintenance and security of equipment whilst in attendance at a customer premises. This includes tools and testers
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and creativity to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || United Kingdom : Hayes : Middlesex || United Kingdom : West London : Ealing || United Kingdom : West London : White City
Req ID: 710748