Our Exciting Opportunity:
Data Center is the heart of our customer’s network and includes the digital infrastructure for all online services, internet and cloud computing.
This infrastructure includes mobile core network, internet exchanges, cloud exchanges, web hosting, data backbone infrastructure, internet access systems and fiber connectivity. All are centered at the data centers to enable the mobile communication and Internet online services.
The Data Center team is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and deploying the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure for our customers core and network systems. As a Data Center Field Engineer, you'll maintain and deploy Ericsson’s advanced Data Center and Network Infrastructure.
As young graduate, this position offers a great introduction to top-notch infrastructure and advanced technology and engineering. You will start as Data Center Engineer Young Graduate and will be supported by experienced colleagues and you will have the opportunity to develop within Data Center specialization.
You'll participate in larger maintenance activities for our customers, securing 100% network service availability. In this role, duties range from the physical deployment of data center-related technology to working closely with the various vendors, suppliers and stakeholders and your role is to ensure the projects are successfully delivered.
- Manage, maintain and execute preventive maintenance on HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution, water pumps, treatment systems and control monitoring systems.
- Supervise and inspect the work performed by suppliers, support the maintenance and repair performed by suppliers on various data center systems (power supply, piping, air conditioning, heating/cooling, and non-critical electrical system components, etc).
- Respond to data center performance issues and technical issues to avoid any impact and network outages
- Work together with Ericsson’s Data Center team to develop and execute environmental, mechanical and electrical performance testing.
- Install, maintain and repair the cable infrastructures and fiber-optic networks, local area networks; structured cabling and copper connectivity within the Data Centers
To be successful in the role:
- 1 year work experience in a technical environment or worked at a facility management site (e.g. large building maintenance).
- A theoretical and good practical experience in electrical installations and maintenance, AC and DC, and good knowledge of the applicable regulations and safety procedures is a must.
- Some experience in installation, maintenance and repair of copper and fiber-optic networks and knowledge of both, telecommunications and information systems cabling requirements are advantageous;
- Knowledge in thermodynamics, fluid systems, mechanical motion and electrical control systems is an asset.
- Bachelor's degree or higher education certification in an Engineering discipline.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and adapt to new process, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to collaborate and work in teams.
- Developed teamwork skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- You shall have a good understanding of Health and Safety at Work and First Aid; Sufficient understanding regulations, policies and procedures
- You shall have the ability to work in a “on call” work schedule based on weekly work schedules with the other team members.
- Driving license cat B
- Capable to work effectively with Windows PC and knowledge of Microsoft – Excel – Outlook – Access – Word and capable to work with advanced apps on the mobile or tablet.
What´s in it for you?
- Work location: Your work location will be mainly Aartselaar in Belgium and from time to time in other data center locations in Gent and Brussels and south of Belgium. The main office is in Zaventem
- Working Time: 38,6 hours per week
- PC and appropriate software, phone, craftsman toolbox and personal safety protection equipment will be provided by Ericsson
- Appropriate training program is foreseen during the course of the first 6 months. This includes the certification to work on High Voltage.
- Appropriate salary package, service car and fuel card will be included in the salary package.
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process