We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
What you'll do
Premium Hub CoE Business Process Consultants are experts who can perform highly specialized remote and onsite services for our Premium Engagement Customers. The goal is to enable our Customers to implement and operate their SAP solutions at their maximum potential with optimal Total Cost of Ownership and to manage their technical risks during solution implementation and operation.
Provides delivery to our customers: solving technical problems, optimization of solution operation, improvement of system stability. Enhances customer project evaluation and risk mitigation of implementation projects. Excels in increasing overall customer satisfaction. Ability to act on Escalated customers to bring their businesses to normal operations. Deliver projects as Technical Lead for customers, including support during requirement gathering phase, analysis of system landscape. Ability to assist team members in the development and implementation of technical solutions (Implementations, Upgrades and Migrations). Has good knowledge and understanding of SAP technologies and methodologies. Has previous experience working in upgrades, OS/DB migrations or Oracle migration projects. Support architecture and infrastructure of cloud migrations (AWS, GCP, Azure). Builds credible relationships with peers and clients, and continuous professional learning of SAP products. Has the ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge effectively. Supports in escalated projects, detail a high-level understanding of the escalated solution as well as SAP Basis & Oracle support.
What you bring
- SAP Basis Admin & Performance Expert (Required)
- Basis Admin: RFCs, Transports, Tracing, Queue Monitoring etc.
- Additionally, Oracle Database Admin and Performance expertise (Preferred)
- Excellent analytical skills with a flair for very detailed analysis
- Effective problem-solving skills and Root Cause Analysis
- Strong team player who learns and adapts quickly in a Global Environment
- A want for continuous self-improvement
- Willingness to travel abroad to different Regions for both Customer and Internal requests
- Willingness to work Weekday late shifts and Weekend shifts
- Can work under pressure, in critical situations, and extremely tight deadlines
- Customer communication skills
- Expert in at least one SAP technology
- SAP Basis Administration and Performance experience (Required)
- Oracle Database administration and optimization experience and knowledge (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Oracle HA/DR topics a plus
- Knowledge in Cloud Migrations (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge/Experience in performance tuning, User Management, System copies or Unicode Conversions a plus
- Experience in working with SAP NetWeaver & S/4HANA
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, listening and presentation.
- Prior experience involving client/customer interaction required
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in: Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or similar required
- 2+ years previous experience working in an SAP Technology
- Certifications in one or more of SAP Basis, S/4HANA, OS/DB Migration, NetWeaver and Oracle (preferred)
- Hyperscaler certified a (Azure, AWS, GCP) (Preferred)
- Oracle Certified
- Experience of working in large landscapes/environments/customers
- English: Fluent
Meet your team
The Premium Hub CoE (Center of Expertise) Ireland is an organization that focuses on delivering desired outcomes and experiences for our customers globally through premium advisory, support, and services. The delivery of quality services serves as a catalyst for the software adoption that allows our customers to accelerate their digital transformation journeys in becoming intelligent enterprises.
Benefits & Location: We operate a Hybrid working environment where our Pledge to Flex model allows for Flexible Working options. This position can be based in the Galway or Dublin locations, or nationwide. Please click on this link to discover the vast array of benefits made available to SAP employees.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 345913 | Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - Ireland #LI-Hybrid.