We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
As a people manager, the Commercial Sales Manager (CSM) is responsible for supporting the success of not only your direct reports, but the success of all employees within the larger team you are a part by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals. You are expected to know about the members of your extended team and share insights with your peer managers. You should look for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately. You should develop and drive a sales culture and overachieves prime revenue targets.
Build, Develop and Motivate the Team
- Build and lead a world class Digital Sales Team that is responsible for driving SAP's revenue stream with partners in the General Business segment. The team drives revenue with our Digital Sales Motion using
- Support the success of not only your direct reports, but the success of all employees within the larger team you are a part by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals.
- Collaborate with members of your extended team and share insights with your peer managers.
- Coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately.
- Develop and drive a sales culture and overachieves prime revenue targets.
- Communicates SAP's overall Commercial Sales Strategy to all stakeholders internally and externally
- Identifies key areas (regional, industry segment, solution segment, etc.) of the Commercial Sales route-to-market which enables SAP's growth within assigned segment, territory and/or LoB
- Prioritizes these areas according to market potential and develops actionable implementation plans in accordance with regional and local business requirements and ensures an ongoing review process in order to be able to timely react on competitive challenges and market dynamics
- Drives implementation of processes for Lead Generation, Demand Generation and Deal Execution in conjunction with Marketing, eCenter Leaders, Commercial Sales Operations, Channel management, LOB/Solutions and other key stakeholders to insure overachievement of quarterly and annual sales quota
Drive Revenue and Grow the Business
- Develop and execute a competitive sales business plan to drive consistent revenue streams and achieve market growth goals.
- Monitor success of Commercial Sales programs, evaluate results based on common targets and initiate enhancement of activities to drive SAP's growth targets.
- Allocate appropriate resources and targets considering territory potential, coverage needs and channel capacity & capability; review resource allocation on a regular basis and adjust accordingly.
- Conduct regular business review meetings, including forecast calls with senior management. Conduct quarterly business reviews and drive improvement across MU, Team, Region. Captures and shares best practices across the team, globally and regionally.
- Review and manage the Commercial Sales pipeline for assigned area of responsibility to ensure attainment of Commercial Sales business unit targets and performance goals.
- Develop, drive and implement sales initiatives and campaigns with marketing and other stakeholders to accelerate pipeline build and revenue conversion.
- Build and maintain business relationship with key management personnel and partners within the country to drive strategic priorities of the team.
- Inspire and influence internal and external stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles and goal achievement, including the Executive Sponsorship of Must-Win Deals'.
- Ensure successful roll out of programs and offerings in key markets in close cooperation with SAP's internal units, via partners and/or leveraging marketing events.
- Share best practices across countries/regions/e-Centres through regular interaction.
- Support Commercial Sales team in top deals / complex sales opportunities whenever high degrees of seniority, solution knowledge and knowledge of the overall strategy are required.
- Represent the business within the organization that require senior management attention and/or support.
- Manage customer / partner escalations in a proactive and professional manner to maintain satisfaction levels and to secure future business.
Experience & Language Requirements
- Minimum 6 years software Commercial or Field Sales experience with deal closure responsibilities; sales experience in a cloud environment and selling motion is great advantage.
- Minimum of 1-3 year Commercial Sales or field sales/partner sales management experience, preferably in the enterprise software space
- Sales coaching
- Mid-Market sales experience required, field sales experience is an advantage.
- Experience working in a matrix or cross-functional organization and management of multiple stakeholders across the sales cycle an advantage.
- Delivery against Net New Name targets, an advantage.
- Industry/Vertical-specific experience as appropriate
- Business level English: yes
- Business level local language: yes
- Bachelor or Masters: yes
- MBA / Ph.D: no
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 366058 | Work Area: Sales | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Management | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.