We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
At SAP Procurement Product Team, our mission is to provide the world’s leading cloud-based spend management solution, unifying the SAP Procurement portfolio across SAP S/4HANA, SAP Ariba Applications & Business Network, and SAP Fieldglass. To strengthen further our team, we are looking for an experienced Development Architect (cloud native) to work with the leading cloud infrastructure in SAP Procurement Engineering teams
- Evaluates architecture risks and estimates effort for business case or backlog item, prepares decisions on the topics
- Translates business and product requirements into technical requirements, models and software architecture
- Responsible for defining the product’s architecture together with the implementation team(s), drives alignment of architecture concepts and ensures documentation in architecture concept document(s).
- Identifies opportunities for reuse of architecture concepts or software parts and cross-team synergies
- Aligns architecture with stakeholders regarding architectural or technical dependencies
- Supports and advices Product Owner by ensuring technical and architectural feasibility, readiness and compliance
- Coaches, advices and monitors implementation team(s) on all aspects which have impact on the architecture, reviews design documents of implementation teams regarding compliance with ACD and relevant product line guideline
- Implement software parts, typically related to infrastructure or architecture
- Should mentor and guide junior members in the practice and create a conducive environment for others to grow technically.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in being part of a large-scale software development projects distributed across geographical locations and proven track record in architecture related position
- Relevant experience as an Architect / Senior Technical Lead in design / development of SaaS application based on any Cloud Technology. Good to have: SAP BTP experience
- Expert proficiency in Java w.r.t Spring Framework, Hibernate, Web Technologies and handling of data structures, SQL scripts
- Experience and understanding of micro services architecture
- Experience with CI/CD Tooling and software delivery and bundling mechanisms
- Experience with version control tools such as Git, Github
- Understanding of test driven development (TDD)
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design
- Familiar with agile development methodology
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 365743 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.