We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
SAP Signavio helps our customers understand, improve, and transform all their business processes – fast and in scale. SAP Signavio was created through the merger of Signavio, the leading cloud provider for process management, with SAP’s own process analytics product teams. Today, SAP Signavio is one of the fastest growing cloud units within SAP and represents SAP’s spearhead for all things process.
What you`ll do:
Together with product management and other stakeholders (frontend, UX, etc.), you'll develop and iterate new features and improvements within the SAP Signavio product suite in a reliable, tested and efficient way.
Write code that meets our standards for style, maintainability, code quality, and security in a scalable, distributed environment.
Deliver and operate the platform services and components you work on.
Help building out SAP Signavio’s platform, the foundation for all SAP Signavio products.
Collaborate with other backend developers in SAP Signavio’s development organization on cross-product initiatives.
What you bring:
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field
• 2+ years of experience in software engineering
• Proficient programming skills in Java and a solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures and algorithms.
• Solid foundation on using relational databases. Existing experience with database schema change management tools like Liquibase or Flyway is a plus.
• Experience with microservice architectures and distributed systems.
• Experience developing and documenting RESTful APIs.
• Experience in writing automated tests.
• Experience in working with containerized applications and container orchestration systems (Kubernetes).
• Foundational knowledge of using and managing infrastructure in a cloud provider (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP).
• Motivation to work in an agile environment.
• Proficient English language skills, both in written and verbal form.
Nice to have:
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD). Existing experience with a pipeline orchestrator like Jenkins, CircleCI, or Azure Pipelines. Knowledge of continuous delivery tools like ArgoCD is a plus.
• Experience with modern, cloud-native Java frameworks like Quarkus or Micronaut.
Meet your team:
The Platform Group is one of five groups in the engineering department at SAP Signavio. We value consistency, modularity & re-usability, and simplicity. We strive for a coherent user experience across the entire product suite and an effective & efficient cross-product development experience. To this effect, our teams provide and advance
1) the Collaboration Hub and its integration framework of our product suite along with shared services, as well as
2) the central infrastructure and development tools for service monitoring and maintenance
Join a passionate, rapidly growing, cross-functional team that is developing exciting new solutions to accelerate our customer’s Business Process Transformation.
The team does user research, validates concepts, builds incrementally and applies innovative implementation techniques to create the best possible value for our customers and partners.
The way we work:
Our teams work self-organized and agile. They are supported by dual leadership of a People Lead, with people development and leadership expertise, and a Functional Lead, with role-specific expertise. We focus on enabling people and creating the right environment for them to thrive.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com.
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
Requisition ID: 364185 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Part Time or Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid