As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Great Opportunity
We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers in cloud core domain.
In this role, you will do troubleshooting and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the service delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
You will (Responsibilities & Tasks)
• Deliver professional support towards our Customer Units and Customers.
• Handling technical investigation and if required coordinating with development and 3PP team.
• Available to handle Emergency and critical issues while on call roster
• Perform trouble shooting both for Hardware and Software
• Handle customer engagement: manage customer relationship building confidence and trust, ensure service quality
• Handle Software Update Management (SUM)
• Provide ongoing technical support / consultancy to our customer (post project activities)
• Proposing product improvements based on investigation results
• Preemptive support handling and crafting use case for automation
• Share knowledge and mentor junior members of the team
To be successful in the role you must have
• Education: Bachelor's in Telecom/IT or any relevant field
• Minimum of 4years Telecom Experience and including at least 3 years in a customer facing role.
• Excellent presentation, negotiation and argumentation skills
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations with excellent planning and organizing skills.
• Demonstrated ability : Good understanding of Cloud Platforms and understanding of NFV and SDN products. Orchestration (Service Orchestration, Cloud manager, EVNFM) and Automation.
• Worked with Cloud Native core design principles (microservices, containers, pods, Master/worker nodes) Vendor specific certifications will be an additional advantage.
1. OS – Linux knowledge and hands on experience.
2. Experience with virtualization technologies including CEE, RedHat OpenStack, OpenVirtualSwitch, KVM, SR-IOV, DPDK, VMWare, Kubernetes, etc. (Highly regarded)
3. Good to have - knowledge and skills on any RDBMS, preferably on SQL.
4. Messaging Brokers - Apache-MQ, AMQP - RabbitMQ
5. Good understanding of Application Servers like Oracle WebLogic, RedHat JBOSS/Wildfly.
6. Automation and programming/scripting skills a plus
7. Interest/knowledge in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning a plus
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact-based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, Indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.