Software Systems Principal Engineer (Remote-Massachusetts-United States)
The Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) Engineering Security Certification Organization provides strategic direction and oversight partnering with internal ISG product team to accelerate FED, DOD and customer required 3rd party security and secure development certifications. The purpose of the ISG Security Certification team is to partner with ISG product engineering teams to provide shift left value with the goal of accelerating the time to market of product certifications. Certifications include but are not limited to USGv6-R1, FIPS 140-3, Common Criteria, STIG, STIG hardened, DoDin-APL. We are looking for subject matter experts to help drive the vision, implementation, and tactical execution of this strategic product partnership. Are you deep into product implementation of the certifications? Then this is influential role for you! As part of this global team, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further the development of your career.
What you’ll achieve:
- As a Software Systems Principal Engineer in the ISG security certification team, you will work with cross-functional teams to help teams prepare for product compliance in the IPv6 space. You will stand up an as-a-service lab in Hopkinton MA that will enable product development teams to leverage security tools and test in an “IPv6 only” environment.
- Be the certification subject matter expert in the USGv6-R1 space for ISG product teams.
- Stand up an as-a-service lab in Hopkinton MA allowing for “IPv6 Only” testing.
- Influence and guide development teams to design and develop for IPv6 certification.
- Help product teams execute test plans in an “IPv6 only” environment and enable them to identify product defects.
- Occasionally travel to University of New Hampshire to participate in product testing for USGv6-R1.
- Understand and coach product teams on the correct USGv6 requirements that apply to their products.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role
- 8+ years of experience as an engineering professional; or 6+ years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 2+ years’ experience; or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in IP networking development or QA experience.
- Strong software QA experience implementing test environments with various networking configurations.
- Experience authoring and executing test plans, finding defects and working with development teams to drive pass rates to 100%.
- Extensive experience setting up lab spaces with servers, switches, VMware virtualization, and network attached storage.
- Ability to thrive in a self-directed and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to work with global extended teams to meet goals.
- Clear communication skills, both oral and written.
- Local to Hopkinton MA
- Enterprise product development experience in designing and implementing test plans
- CCNA certification
- Experience with USGv6-R1 requirements
- College Degree Preferred
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.