This is a remote position.
Our Mission is to Simplify Life. We are looking to Simplify and automate complex decision-making for customer centric industries, like Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics, and commerce, that drive the world's economies and you have the chance to join the revolution. We are trying to solve huge challenges in today's enterprise that are directly impacting the employee and customer experience.
What can we promise you:
- You’ll join a global family of awesome, passionate people that are working together to build a sustainable, scalable ecosystem committed to using logic to create a better experience.
- We want you to help us become better. You will be empowered to drive change and innovate.
- That we will invest in you. We will give you the opportunity to master your domain and drive excellence.
Avertra's Mendix Developer's primary role is to design, build and improve mobile and web applications using the app platform Mendix . You will integrate the Mendix platform with existing business or enterprise applications.
- Develop and implement new software programs with Mendix
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software data models
- Develop user-friendly and modern style UI
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities;reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Possibly manage small development team
- Ability to follow Avertra development methodology (including Naming
- Conventions development Best Practices, Documentation, Unit Tests)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into development tasks
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Ability to work collaboratively in a creative Agile environment
- Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written English
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, issue resolution and communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology
- Junior Mendix Developers: 1 to 2 years of experience in Mendix, must be Rapid certified and preferably has an Intermediate Mendix certificate.
- Mid-level Mendix Developers: 2 to 3 years of experience, must be Intermediate certified and preferably Advanced Mendix certified.
- Senior Mendix Developers: 4+ years of experience, must be Advanced certified and preferably has an Expert Mendix certificate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Mendix and other programming languages like Java or .NET
- Must have passed or willing to take the Mendix Rapid Developer certification
- Must have working experience with building APIs and Services using REST,SOAP, etc.
- Must have working experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
- Devotion to continuing education on an annual basis
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to details
- Mendix Expert developer certification
- CSS3 experience
- Java experience
- Sparks EA experience
Depending on project needs
Avertra local office schedule