We’re looking for a passionate and motivated Software Engineer to join our growing team. We want a team player who is driven and willing to learn to accompany us on our mission of playing a vital role in the digital transformation sweeping the MENA region.
As a Software Engineer at ZenHR, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing new features for company products and will also work closely with many other team members to build products with high standards. The Software Web Developer will also be responsible for designing, constructing, testing, and supporting websites and mobile applications in addition to server infrastructure.
Who we are:
At ZenHR, delighting our customers is our passion! We are an award-winning cloud based HRMS that caters to the full HR value chain from the “acquire” stage to the “retire” stage. a group of young and passionate people who are dedicated to providing cutting-edge technology, continuously researching and implementing new HR trends that cater to the needs of employers in the MENA region. Despite the numerous obstacles that we face, we see them as possibilities. We understand that rather than making excuses for the existing status quo, we must challenge it. If you want to make a difference in the HR world, ZenHR is the place for you. Our people shape ZenHR’s culture, therefore our strategy and success are built on our employees. In our hiring process, we prioritize equal employment opportunities, diversity, women empowerment, and inclusion, ensuring that we attract and retain A-players from various backgrounds.
What we offer:
· Flexible working hours and remote/work-from-home option
· Health insurance coverage from day one at ZenHR
· Catered lunch served daily
· Access to online and in-person Mental Health sessions
· A Zen work atmosphere
· Great culture and amazing people to work with and learn from
The Job – Software Engineer
What you'll be doing:
· Working on maintaining and developing web and mobile applications.
· Developing new features and making sure services are always online.
· Work on developing internal tools (monitoring, logging, reporting, etc...)
· Working on the development of the back-end logic of the web and mobile applications and continuously adding value by suggesting and implementing improvements to functionality and user experience.
· Working on improving the process of code deployment, continues integration, in addition to maintaining server infrastructure and security.
Who you are:
· Enjoy working within Agile teams (Kanban or Scrum)
· Experience in relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
· Understanding of UX principles
· Experience in OOP, REST and MVC
· 1+ Years of relevant experience.
· Experience writing unit, acceptance and end to end tests.
· Experience with Heroku, Amazon Web services, or some other Iaas/Paas.
· Experience with the Linux/UNIX development environment, including tools such as: vim, emacs, sed, awk, zsh, etc.
· Experience with Ruby on Rails, or Laravel.
· Experience in integration with external vendors
This is an exciting opportunity to join a scaleup that already is a leader in the region. Learn more at: www.ZenHR.com