Virtuozzo is the leading provider of virtualization and cloud infrastructure software that enables service providers, ISVs and enterprises to deliver secure, robust and highly-performant virtualization, software-defined storage and hyperconverged platforms for applications and cloud services.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our Cloud team.
- Deploy, manage and monitor OpenStack-based solution using IaC (Ansible, Terraform)
- Design monitoring systems for OpenStack and other solutions based on Prometheus
- Implement custom monitoring/logging/deployment solutions in Python, Bash, Ansible and Terraform
- Coordinate and document changes made
- Working with support organization to maintain monitoring guidelines
- Be ready to work as a separate unit with other DevOps and cloud engineers. We won't micromanage you.
- Proficiency in deploying, configuring and managing Prometheus-based monitoring (must)
- Proficiency in writing code for IaC (Terraform, Ansiblle) (must)
- Proficiency in deploying and managing OpenStack (must)
- Proficiency in deploying, configuring and managing logging solution for OpenStack (must)
- Experience with base QA and testing principles. Nobody will test your code except you.
- Experience with CI/CD stack like Jenkins or Teamcity
- Experience with implementation of custom roles in Ansible
- Experience with implementation of exporters for Prometheus (plus)
- Experience with any public cloud (AWS will be a plus)
- Experience with virtualization (KVM) and containerization: Docker/Podman (K8S or Container Orchestration will be a big plus)
- Programming skills (preferably Python, BASH or Go)
- Understanding of Cloud engineering principles (networking, deployment, management, monitoring, operations)
- Understanding of SCM flow (Git)
- Understanding cloud architecture principles
- Understanding cloud networking (VXLAN, container stack, open vSwitch) (BIG plus)
- General networking and routing (BIG plus)