US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: YesRELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be availableCLEARANCE TYPE: SecretTRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems – Launch and Missile Defense Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Principal System Administrator – SATCOM Technician to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located out of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Selected SATCOM technicians will provide technical services support of a MET AN/GSC-52 satellite terminal in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Position requires 24x7 shift work. Candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements.
- Responsible for operating, maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting, and repair of Satellite Terminal systems, including connectivity to local and wide area networks, end-to end telecommunications, circuit switching systems, and Long-Haul communications/Transmissions systems.
- Analyzes capabilities and performance, identifies problems, takes corrective actions to ensure the most efficient operations of the SATCOM equipment.
- Monitors status and performance of Transmission/Receive systems.
- Quickly responds to circuit outages and coordinates with distant end facilities and local Systems/Users, when necessary, in order to restore communications services.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
This expat position will include other compensatory fringes such as Cost of Living Allowances, Housing Allowances and other allowances for employment in Saudi Arabia.
If applicable, please note your updated security clearance and IAT/relevant certifications on your resume.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university and 6 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree and 4 years of related experience, or 0 years of related experience with a PhD., or 10 years of related experience in lieu of the degree.
- Applicants must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- Applicants must have strong skills and background in SATCOM principals, operations, maintenance, and repair
- Skilled in utilizing common SATCOM test equipment
- Applicants must understand signal flow and end-to-end configuration diagrams for circuits
- Knowledge of Network System Administration
- Experience working with Microsoft operating system environments/platforms
- Familiarity with TACLANE encryption devices and Crypto Device Loaders such as SKLs
- Familiarity with CISCO routers
- A current active in-scope D0D issued Secret clearance is required.
- Prior military satellite communications technician US Navy ET NEC 1465, US Air Force AFSC 2E1X1, US Army MOS 31S/25S, or US Marine Corps MOS 2827
- PAAWNS experience and MET experience
- TS Collateral preferred
- HEMP hardening maintenance and HEMP hardening testing experience
- A mix of strategic and tactical satellite communications experience
- CCNA certification
- Basic Linux or RedHat-based server administration experience
- Basic experience with operations, preventative maintenance and basic troubleshooting on generators
- EBEM experience
C2BMC Salary Range: $86,300.00 - $129,500.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to basepay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results.Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.