Position : Network Engineer
Location : Dubai
Duration : 3 Months
Mobilization : ASAP
Position Summary :
The Network Engineer is responsible for the provision of network integration activities for the respective project and / or bid activity.
The Engineer is a key member of the Hardware Deployment & Integration team that provides :
- Technical and resource supervisory input to Network Integration and Deployment engineering activities
- Skilled input to the Network Integration and Deployment activities within the respective project engineering segment, and
- Assistance to the Integration Group for bid response activities.
The Network Engineer provides effort and expertise for Projects :
- Revise solution architecture drawings and diagrams, cost templates (devis), the List of Supply (LOS) / Bill of Materials (BOM), and interfaces at the start of the project.
- Create and / or update network integration engineer contributions to the Solution Specification and Design documentation, Network Acceptance Test Procedures, and other associated network integration documents.
- Define equipment configuration for the ATM solution(s) and coordinate with Hardware Deployment and Integration management for assembly of the ATM system.
Also interface with Tools Engineering, Customer Service and Site Services departments where necessary to accomplish this task.
- Load, configure, validate, and hand over equipment to Software Integration in the factory and on customer sites.
- Support configuration changes to system platforms in factory and customer sites.
- Attend Design Reviews with customers.
- Provide customer training.
- Identify risks at solution architecture level and propose where possible alternate validated solutions.
- Provide system and networking expertise useful in the design.
- Follow and contribute to the development and enhancement of engineering processes
- Definition of system interfaces.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science discipline or any other relevant fields, with 5 years of relevant experience
- Cisco formal certifications (CCNP, CCNA etc) is essential
- Good level of knowledge of, and experience with Unix / Linux (Redhat distribution preferred) Operating System
- Familiarity with a wide range of Computer and Networking hardware (preferably Cisco)
- Work experience in a mission-critical, near real-time environment preferably ATC-related is highly desirable
- Experience in large and distributed networked computer systems is a highly desirable
- Scripting (TCL / TK, Perl, & Shell)
- Able to work on multiple activities con-currently and effectively self-manage (autonomy)
- Able to work under pressure