We are looking for a "Database Administrator" position for our client operating in the retail sector.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of hands on experience administering/monitoring high performance, high availability database clusters
- Expert knowledge of MS SQL Server,
- Experienced in the installation, management, performance and maintenance of MS SQL Server systems,
- Experienced in High Availibility (Backup/Restore/ Mirroring/ AlwaysOn/ FailOver/Replication) and Disaster Recovery infrastructures to ensure database continuity,
- Experienced in T-SQL,
- Ensure database security, scalability, and integrity
- Having an analytical mindset, high problem-solving skills and coordination skills, and able to use initiative,
- Following new technologies, open to innovations,
- Able to communicate effectively with business units and teammates, solution-oriented and compatible in teamwork,
- Completing the works that they work with a responsible, proactive and result-oriented approach by following them from start to finish,
- Managing our company's Microsoft SQL Server based Database technologies (Dev/Test/Prod environments)
- Providing installation, configuration and management of Microsoft SQL Server components in accordance with installation, configuration and security standards
- Continuously monitoring the performance of the database and taking necessary improvement actions / communicating to stakeholders
- If there are specified threshold values, necessary action is taken in case of exceeding them (disk occupancy, CPU/memory usage, service availability, etc.)
- Planning and performing database periodic maintenance activities
- Following the errors and warnings in the logs of the servers, directed through the monitoring tools or the help desk, and taking the necessary action in cases that may cause problems and closing the records.
- Quick response and solution to the problems that may occur in the systems, promptly informing the necessary persons about the problem, providing the solution of the problem within the SLA period, and then preparing the necessary reports regarding the problem.
- Taking database backups and following the backup errors and eliminating the related errors. Meeting the Backup/Restore requests
- Preparation of necessary documents and procedures for database management