SAP and Database Administrator
The SAP/ Commercial Back Office (CBO) and Database Administrator is required to provide full administration support of the SAP Systems Environment, plus other databases and manage the routine activities to ensure compliance.
o Manage routine SAP system checks and controls to ensure compliance on the following areas:
- SAP Performance Monitoring
- SAP Performance Tuning
- Solution Manager configuration and utilization (disk drives)
- SAP Transport Management
- SAP System Client copy, refresh, license management
- Security parameter management
- Configuration of SAP Routers
- SAP Traces and logs
- Workload balancing
- SAP Correction
- SAP Job maintenance
- SAP Backup
- SAP Data and DBs administration
- SA Kernel maintenance
- SAP Patch management
- Starting or stopping SAP instance
- SAP OSS Notes implementation
- SAP Basis Administration
- Review /maintain user access levels.
- Review and update system documents to ensure current and relevant for all sites and can be used as reference documents for help desk colleagues to enable ongoing support.
- Participate in SAP change projects, including preparation and execution test scripts and creation of test user IDs and controls. Cover all environments and synchronization (Test, Staging, Production)
- Prepare user guides and training materials. Manage training to new users to ensure compliant use of systems. Support end-user requests.
- Follow change control procedures to ensure all changes are logged, assessed for GMP / business impact and tracked to satisfactory completion. Ensure change controls & doc reviews are carried out within agreed targets.
- Manage end to end resolution of Major Incident (Priority 1 and 2) and determine Root Cause.
- Closely collaborate with client's 3rd party vendors supporting Infra and other systems connecting to SAP. Knowledge and experience in Basis HANA a must.
- Manage the SAP subcontractor providing L3 Support.
- Perform his duty in compliance with client's contractual KPIs and SLAs.
- Perform SAP Software Installation, maintenance and administration of LINUX and Windows based servers running SAP FI/HR/SRM/Portal, Solution Manager, Fiori, Hana, Gateway, SAP Cloud appliances)
o Analytical Thinking
· Identifies cause and effect relationships.
· Considers pros and cons, of the problem, before deciding.
· Thinks through priorities.
o Ability to Learn
· Quickly understands what new tasks/jobs required
· Easily learns unique job related vocabulary
· Quickly understands and uses processes, technologies and ideas that are continually being updated.
· Adjusts behaviour to suit new procedures and systems.
· Maintains effectiveness during rapidly changing assignments or priorities.
· Changes plans if circumstances dictate.
· Must be able to work in shifts, 24/7 live environment, with on-call responsibilities as required
· Makes sure all necessary tasks have been completed.
· Checks work for errors and omissions.
o Concern for Standards
· Takes action to ensure consistent application of procedures/systems.
· Makes sure that work and/or projects are completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
· Makes sure that work meets quality standards
o Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant field
o At Least 3 years commercial experience in a similar field
o Proficient in English - Written and Spoken. Arabic and/or Spanish is an advantage
o Closely collaborate with client's 3rd party vendors supporting Infra and other systems connecting to SAP