Senior IT Auditor - Roles and Responsibilities
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Ability to lead the audit engagement teams and be able to provide guidance on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to lead conversations with clients including the areas of subjectivity and judgment.
- Able to recognize risks around key IT areas such as cybersecurity, cloud / on-prem infrastructure, data, etc.
- Documenting the results of audit work in accordance with KPMG Audit Methodology and International Standards on Auditing, regulatory requirements, and using applicable IT systems and tools.
- Draw initial conclusions on client queries, being alert to both commercial concerns and technical accuracy and referring upwards if necessary.
- Participate in day-to-day management of team on engagements including coaching, providing constructive feedback, and performance development
- Provides technical knowledge, coaching, and training to junior team members
- At least 3 years of IT audit experience with demonstrated project delivery skills
- Experience working within Big 4 professional services or dynamic IT audit environment
- Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, relating them to the wider business environment, and to express opinions clearly to all levels.
- Experience in IT General Controls (ITGC) and auditing application controls for a range of business processes.
- Relevant industry certifications such as CISA, CIA, or information security-related certifications such as CISSP, GIAC, and CISM are a plus.