Hub Energy develops creative solutions for a sustainable future for energy producers, asset owners, and traders. Hub Energy is looking for a Data Scientist in the highly competitive energy (power, coal, oil & gas) markets needed to conduct trading analysis on behalf of Hub Energy. The applicant will work with a team of highly qualified energy professionals who are passionate about what they do and persistently driven to make a difference.
• Analyzing and forecasting market fundamentals in Energy markets
• Identifying trends and price drivers and responding quickly to market events to produce data-driven analysis,
• Develop, benchmark, and implement fundamental models on energy markets,
• Run and monitor trading algorithms.
• Quantitative market making.
• Enhance existing infrastructure.
• Manipulate and analyze large datasets.
• Designing and publishing regular market view reports
• Minimum 2 years of experience
• University degree, preferably in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent,
• MSc degree is a plus
• Demonstrable interest in quantitative studies for local/global markets with any kind of experience in commodity markets preferred, in working with financial time-series data is a strong plus.
• Experience with exploratory data analysis and predictive modeling with Python.
• Proficiency in SQL and/or Python data analysis libraries such as pandas, numpy,
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Excel,
• Hands-on experience in MySQL, API services & web scraping.
• Has experience in creating dashboards with data visualization (Tableau, Dash, etc.)
• A solid commercial mindset with analytical skills,
• Having strong communication skills and a solution-oriented perspective,
• Able to work under pressure and manage stress,
• Strong analytical skills, time management, and problem-solving abilities,
• Willingness to accept responsibility and be self-driven,
• High attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Proficiency in English is a must
• No military obligation for male candidates
What we offer
• Opportunity to learn about a wide variety of energy products from experienced traders, Data Scientists, and analysts,
• We provide competitive pay and a performance-based bonus program.
• An attractive benefits package that aligns with your qualifications