We are a dedicated team developing Petal Search which is the most prestigious ongoing search engine project in the world. Petal Search have accumulated 30 million users in 50+ different languages include English, Chinese, Turkish, Arabic and many others. It is launched in 170+ different countries by now. Our vision is to achieve "everything is searchable" and to be “one of the three in the world" as Petal Search.
Petal search supply search everything include general search like web, news, image, music, video, voice, knowledge, and multiple vertical search like apps, shopping, travel, local service, life assistant, and so on.
Petal Search has been developing in Huawei Turkey R&D Center which is one of the largest R&D investment of Huawei. We have fully End-to-End team here include Marketing, Product Managers team, Development and AI Research team, User Growth and User Behavior Insight team, Ecosystem, Evaluation and Data Analytics team.
Our Search Technologies Research Team focuses on rapid development and deployment of state-of-the-art information retrieval systems to address complex information needs. As a Data Engineer, you will be taking on a key role in our team, owning the core data engineering in our product pipeline and collaborating with the whole team to provide solutions on real-world problems. Key to success will be the ability to deliver results, a passion for perfection and a willingness to keep learning and improving oneself. In the project, your key responsibilities will be;
Utilizing code (Python, R, Scala, etc.) for analyzing data and building statistical models to provide insights, metrics and explain variance
- Building knowledge graphs and services for supporting information retrieval process
- Implementing best practice data quality assurance mechanisms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of Work experience with Data Modeling, and Data Architecture with big data
- 3+ years of coding experience in at least one modern programming language (Python is preferred ,R, Ruby, Scala, Java etc.)
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, deep learning, recommendation systems, information retrieval, data preparation and crawling
- Having basic NLP skills (word embedding, language models) to intermediate between end user and data
- Having basic NoSQL knowledge, preferred Elasticsearch.
- Having basic Linux based OS operations knowledge.
- Certain grasp of search-related business scenarios and core technologies
- Passion for sharing what you've learnt and confidence to ask others for help
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Having mentorship or leadership experience of a 5+ member team with technical or professional guidance is a plus
- SQL knowledge is a plus
- If you are eager to learn new technologies always is big plus
Do you recognise yourself in the job profile? Then we look forward to receiving your application!