Job Description: Roles & Responsibilities
The QA /QC Engineer will be responsible for supervising various contractors / sub-contractors engaged in the implementation of range of infrastructure projects associated with the development of roads and highways:
- Reporting directly to the QAQC Manager / Project Site Manager
- Physical inspections including Soil sampling and testing checks in formation, general fill, sub base and road base materials.
- Monitor all quality related activities on the project
- Monitor all quality-related materials on the project
- Concrete mix design checks, including aggregate and cement sampling and testing.
- Asphalt mix design checks, including aggregate and bitumen sampling and testing, also transportation and laying specification requirements.
- Surface regularity measurements ensuring compliance with specified tolerances all layers of construction.
- Monitor daily field construction operations to ensure compliance with approved Project/s Design Drawings and approved Project/s Quality Plans.
- Inspecting and monitoring Contractor civil procedures, performance activities and ensuring compliance with all contract documentation and drawings.
- Reinforcing safety policies and commitment to safety to the Contractor at all times.
- Coordinates with the various contractors to ensure that the approved Health & Safety / QA/QC procedures and the Quality Plan are implemented during inspection activities.
- Supervising the contractor in the compilation of the handover and test packs together with all as-built documentation and Operation and Maintenance records.
- Preparation of Method statement & ITP for the Project.
- Gather the data for preparation of Project Quality Plan.
- Coordinate with Third party Laboratory for Quality tests for different field activities, coordinate for test requirements as needed at site, collect and forward test reports to Engineer.
- Update to QA/QC Manager on matters related to Quality Issues. Deal with Non conformities, with Corrective Actions and Preventive Measures and Close NCR if any.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A Degree preferred in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field.
- Experienced in Roadworks and Asphalt Projects
- Well organized with an aptitude for data
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid networking and interpersonal skills
- Able to generate budgets and reports
- Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately
- Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manama: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)