About the job
Who We Are
Gordion is on a mission to build the most powerful end-to-end travel platform for travel companies. Our platform serves millions of users every day through the biggest travel companies.
We are backed by Goldman Sachs and delivering our solutions with our technology partners including Google, Microsoft, SAP, IBM and our business partners Jolly, Turkish Airlines, Sabre, many major banks.
We are in an exciting period of growth and are seeking exceptional talents who will help us shape the future of travel.
We are passionate about building, testing, and learning. And now we’re looking for Senior Software Engineers who are passionate as much as we are about building travel solutions that provide actual value to millions of people globally.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll take on responsibility for the development of a number of products and features while working closely with other engineers, designers, product managers, and QA engineers. You will break down complex problems into steps that drive project planning and execution.
You will be responsible for delivering implementation excellence and innovation within your product delivery team. As part of a tech company growing quickly, high performers can expect extensive opportunities for progression and development.
- Coding. Writing high-quality robust code including tests. Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
- Take the lead on design and development of features and products.
- Mentor and lead more junior developers.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you and the team.
- Design and develop reusable libraries, APIs and code that are easy to maintain, understand and re-use.
- Operate across our evolving technology stack - we’re developing with Microsoft .NET Core, SQL Server.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- Touch code at every level – from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
- Collaborate closely with product, design and QA teams to define feature specifications and develop high-quality deliverables for our clients.
- Contribute to the evolution of best practices of the Backend Engineering Chapter.
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and be able to apply these to your work.
- Write, review and take responsibility for clear, concise and comprehensive technical documentation.
- Work alongside other engineering groups located around the world - We are planning to expand with our new offices globally.
Skills and Experience
- At least 6 years’ experience of commercial software development, including leadership experience.
- Computer Science/Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of software engineering fundamentals i.e. algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming and design.
- Strong understanding of database technologies i.e. RDMS, NoSql and querying.
- Extensive experience in software development with Microsoft .NET C#, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, ASP.NET Web API
- Experience with web front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS)
- A solid understanding of security principles and secure coding.
- Experience and understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Proficiency in writing good quality object-oriented code using that is simple, fast under load and robust
- Ability to design and query relational databases and deal with a large amount of data.
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
- Background in developing scalable code for high-volume systems.
- Solid understanding of asynchronous systems and messaging for example RabbitMQ
- Quality first mind-set for writing code using techniques such as TDD or BDD
- Software development experience in the travel industry
- Experience of working on large enterprise applications
- Experience of working on finance systems.
- Experience of working with Jira, Confluence.
- Solid understanding of cloud technologies such as Azure/AWS and container technologies such as Docker
What we offer
- Chance to be a part of a passionate and driven team where everyone’s ideas are valued
- Competitive salary and bonus based on performance
- Opportunity to make an impact on millions of global users' life
- Opportunity to learn and develop new skills from very experienced team leaders
- Private health insurance package
- Great office and working environment, any computer setup that you need to deliver your best work
- Access to educational materials and online/class training
- Snacks, drinks, and surprise office treats
- Initial call with HR (30mins)
- First Interview with Hiring Manager (60mins).
- Onsite/Online technical interviews with senior technical members of the team (2 sessions, 90mins/session)
- Behavioural Interview (60mins)
Let's shape the future of travel together!