Technical Writer Officer (TWO)reports to the Manager Operations Documentation (MOD). The TWO is responsible for creating,maintaining and updating all operations manuals, documentation, forms and training aids for Operationsdivision.
Maintain, revise, manage and deliver the Manual Revision to the Operations in coordination with other
- Ensure EFB applications are maintained up to date
- Ensure that Company mandatory training is completed on time
- Maintaining and updating GCAA approved manuals and OEM publications (Airbus, Boeing).
- Create accurate PDF / HTML / XML versions of all Operational Documentation to ensure printed and
electronic documents are of a consistent high quality
- Construct, maintain and update standard templates for all manuals and publications.
- Assist other department in formatting operational documents to ensure professional look and common
Responsible for timely issuance of Flight Operations Bulletins, Cabin Bulletins and Flight Crew Technical
- Coordinate with FOE and TP the content of revisions.
- Incorporates OEMs modification and FOE / TP recommendations in EY customized manuals using
appropriates tools (ADOC for Airbus, IXP for Boeing).
Create electronic documentations and update all platforms (iPad, operations documentation SharePoint
site, installed EFB).
Coordinate with each Manual Owner the drafting and the approval of CRs.
Education & Experience
- Educated to a minimum of high school certification
- University Degree is preferable
- At least 3 years working in airline or OEM with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Frame Maker
and XML editors.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with HTML / XML and SGML / document management systems along with working in a CMS
- OEM Training
- Airbus Tools training
- Boeing FrameMaker Tools training
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verba
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world's leading airlines.
From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America.
Together with Etihad's codeshare partners, Etihad's network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more.
Etihad is recognised as one of the world's leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit