- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Develop, implement and maintain departmental policies, standards, and procedures for the data network environment.
- Install, support and maintain hardware and software infrastructure according to best practices, including routers, switches, IP addressing, access points, and firewalls.
- Working on troubleshooting and installing of LAN and WAN infrastructure.
- Network design and redesign for different sites and their branches.
- Remote and onsite configuration for setting up of networking devices, user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Firewall and router configuration changes as per the business requirement.
- Visit sites when needed to solve problems regarding communicating devices.
- Inspect and service telecommunication devices in frequent interval of time.
- Should have all basic electrical and electronic knowledge.
- Undertaking site surveys if necessary and Documenting network changes and updating diagrams accordingly.
- Overseeing security of all systems
- Provide network documentation.
- Understand client requirements to be able to cater to their appropriate needs.
- Monitor efficient installation of different products at the customer’s site.
- Make sure that all equipment, including servers and the other network products, are well-connected.
- Manage relationships with key network and telecom vendors.
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices.
- Diagnose problems and solve issues, often under time constraints.
- Perform evaluation of new network technologies and provide vendor recommendations.
- Experience with LAN, wireless tech, switch/router configuration, network diagnostic tools.
- 2 years of hands-on network engineering experience preferred.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Cisco CCNA or similar Certifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manama: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)