Codeway was founded in 2020 with a vision of turning strong ideas into sector-leading mobile products.
Today, Codeway is a thriving tech company with multiple sector-leading apps, and is home to 80+ bright & curious minds in Istanbul, Turkey.
And with our beloved mid-core tower defense game Rumble Rivals, we aim to join among the biggest tech companies in the world!
If you’re passionate about mobile gaming and especially want to work in a long-term game project, keep reading and deep dive into our world from linktr.ee/codeway
Are you the talented Sr. Game Developer everyone is looking for? If so, by now you may have noticed that your skills are in high demand.
First, we offer you an opportunity to take your skills beyond hyper casual: You’ll build mid-core/hard-core mobile games. You’ll focus on one thing at a time, but you'll do wonders with that one thing.
Second, you’ll join a team with a proven track record: We built mobile products that reached over 90 million users worldwide, and we’ll welcome you to make our next hit together.
Third, you’ll become a part of a team that is starting strong & dreaming big. Our past accomplishments allowed us to create the work environment and the team culture that we always dreamed of. You’ll work in a beautiful office while enjoying unique side benefits.
What You’ll be Doing
- Unleash your creativity by transforming game ideas into fully operational mobile masterpieces using Unity.
- Support all aspects of game development from feature design to implementation, launch, QA, and maintenance.
- Be the game dev maestro, orchestrating projects from inception to completion.
- Support UX efforts to keep players hooked.
- Design, implement, and fine-tune game mechanics for a seamless experience.
- Join forces with our game artists, designers, backend developers, and DevOps gurus to forge legendary prototypes and final projects.
- Embrace your inner guardian, ensuring the quality of the code and systems created by the whole team.
- Create flexible code that can be easily updated as the game evolves.
- Communicate ideas clearly, absorb wisdom from peers, and provide valuable insights.
- Play and enjoy a variety of video game genres and titles to stay inspired and fuel your passion.
What You’ll Bring
- A degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Computer Science, Game Development, or a related field; or an equivalent amount of real-world experience
- At least one published mobile game or prototype showcasing your skills (excluding Hyper Casual games)
- 3+ years of experience in Unity 3D and mobile game development
- A solid understanding of programming fundamentals
- The ability to write clean, efficient, and well-documented code that even poets would admire
- A solution-focused mindset, equipped with ninja-like problem-solving skills
- Experience in plugin integration for Android or iOS
- A history of developing UI, audio, and animation systems that bring games to life
- Excellent CPU, GPU, and memory optimization skills
- An excellent understanding of software architecture, design, and development – you're a software whisperer
- Besides technology and programming language, having strong object-oriented & data-oriented skills including design, coding, and testing patterns
- A curiosity for new tech, always eager to chat, discover, and share the latest tools and trends
- Analytical, practical problem-solving skills that make Sherlock Holmes envious
- Fluency in English, for clear technical discussions and fostering efficient internal team interactions.
What’s in it for you?
We want you to focus on what you do best, we take care of the rest.
· A Competitive Compensation Package. Long story short, we take care of you.
· Quarterly Compensation Adjustment Program. Codeway operates globally. So, it is our responsibility to make sure that your global purchasing power stays the same, or only goes up.
· A meal compensation that is actually enough for a decent & nutritious lunch, we’re not following the industry standard.
· Full Health Benefits. To keep you away from all the trouble.
· Cool tech stack. A brand new Macbook, iPhone 13, magic mouse, magic keyboard; an adjustable desk with a 4K screen and any other gadget you may need in your job.
· Sport activities support. We care about your psychical wellbeing and support your gym membership.
· Learning never ends! Training budget to help you grow in your role, gain new skills, and learn new things!
· Udemy Free Pass. An unlimited Udemy subscription.
· Flexible schedule & unlimited vacations. This isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. We care about your productivity, not tracking every minute you’re on site. It’s up to you to always be responsible with your work, no matter where you are or what schedule you’re keeping.
· English course support. Be more global and perform best at your work.
· A Top-Notch Office. Located at the heart of Istanbul, right next to Levent Metro Station at Ferko Signature.
· Unlimited coffee & soft drinks at Codebucks. Yes, you’ve heard it right: We love coffee so much that we’ve built our own coffee shop inside our office.
· Free breakfast. At Codebucks - every morning at 9:30 AM.
· No Dress Code. Dress as you like.
· Happy hours every Friday: Every. Single. Friday. When it’s 5 PM: Screens off, party on! (Check out Codeway on Instagram)
· Dream Team. Average Codeway member is young, talented, and passionate - which makes our working environment extremely dynamic. Need proof? Take a look at our Instagram.
· Gaming area. Whenever you need to take a break from hard work and relax with your favorite games, our PS5 corner will be waiting for you.
· Software support. Subscription to any software you might need to perform at your best.
· Relocation support to Istanbul. We understand how difficult moving can be, especially if you are changing cities. If you’re the talent we’re looking for, we support you in your relocation to Istanbul.
The Recruiting Process
We are committed to keeping our recruitment process short and transparent. Here’s how it looks like:
1. Application: Send us your CV or LinkedIn profile. You can also just write a few words about yourself.
2. Case study: We might send you a task to solve.
3. HR Interview: Let’s talk about your experience & expectations and see what we can achieve together.
4. Technical Interview: You will meet with future team lead to go over the case and your technical capabilities in detail.
5. Executive Interview: A final interview with the executive team to see if we're all on the same page.
6. Welcome aboard! You are now a part of the team.