The Business analyst deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the sub function/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams.
- Gathers operational data from various cross functional stakeholders to examine past business performance.
- Identifies data patterns & trends, and provides insights to enhance business decision making capability in business planning, process improvement, solution assessment etc.
- Recommends actions for future developments & strategic business opportunities, as well as enhancements to operational policies.
- May be involved in exploratory data analysis, confirmatory data analysis and/or qualitative analysis.
- Translate data into consumer or customer behavioral insights to drive targeting and segmentation strategies, and communicate clearly and effectively to business partners and senior leaders all findings
- Continuously improve processes and strategies by exploring and evaluating new data sources, tools, and capabilities
- Work closely with internal and external business partners in building, implementing, tracking and improving decision strategies
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Information Insights: The individual would be responsible to provide the regular wealth management dashboards as well as providing the meaningful insights to the stakeholders. The individual would also be responsible to work on the various adhoc requests provided by the business, understand the needs and convert them into technical requirements and provide the necessary data in timely manner.
- Analytical Skills: The individual should be able to work closely with leaders across product, sales, and marketing to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. He/She should ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimal processes and procedures for business teams.
- SME: The individual should have in-depth business knowledge about the consumer banking products, especially wealth management and able to work on the relevant data warehouse tables to support the ad hoc business needs
- Logical & Problem-Solving Skills: The individual should have excellent logical thinking and problem-solving skills and should have demonstrated experience in handling the complex problems
- Technical skills: The individual should have the profound knowledge about the Base SAS/Advanced SAS programming and Automation techniques.
- BI tools: The individual will be active in the efforts in conjunction with the regional team to rollout out COGNOS, Tableau, and other BI tools. The ownership will be to drive the accessibility of information for DM and business users.
- Data Enrichment and Metadata: The key to using information is availability of that information in a timely manner. Working closely with the regional Information Architecture group, the individual will drive the data enrichment and metadata roll-out thus strengthening the way information is made available to all analysts.
- 5-6 years of working experience in Consumer banking and Insights and reporting role.
- Experience in simplifying data feeds to summarize business critical drivers
- Decision Management experience across reporting, campaign management and business analytics and expertise in data analysis
- Experience with Process automation
- Advanced process management skills, organized and detail oriented
- Curious about learning and developing new skillsets
- Positive outlook with a can-do mindset
- Advance coding skills in SAS/SQL and Excel VBA
- Knowledge in Teradata/EAP
- Bachelor degree/ Master Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Statistics
- Team work
- Business awareness
- Initiative and commitment to achieve
- Influence and negotiation
Job Family Group: Decision Management
Job Family: Business Analysis
Time Type: Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the " " poster. View the .
View the .